Notices

anyone with DID

Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

anyone with DID

I have Dissociative Identity Disorder i was wondering if anyone else has it and is trying to stay sober.
At the moment am 4 months sober but am having problems with some of my alters/personalizes that want to drink.
When the alters come out i have no control over what they do so if they drink i cant stop them . my husband is making sure that we dont drink but its a lot responsibility on him.

Ella
Old 07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome DarkAsylum,

I do not have experience with DID, but I can imagine it must be very difficult to deal with.

I hope that you can find some support here.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was diagnosed DID by two professionals, but then rediagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Message me if you would like to talk about it, I am here. <3
Old 07-23-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I have no experience with that disorder but I do have experience with staying sober with other emotional problems like anxiety, depression and a few others.

I know that on here if you go to the box that says search you might put in Mental Health or DID maybe spell it out though?

Anyway just a thought good for you for reaching out though cause I know for me sometimes that is the last thing my negative thoughts want me to do.

Hang in there and Keep Coming Back

PS silly me I just saw that this post is already under Mental Health lol. I have a habit of not looking which I will tell you has gotten me in hot water a few times. I was on a mens forum and had no clue till I was notified of it.

Last edited by newby1961; 07-23-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Add a PS
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NewBy - too funny about the Men's thread!!!!

Hi there DA! Welcome, I've seen a few of your other threads. You seem to be working hard to maintain your illness. I hope you keep coming back and that as you get more sober time you feel much better!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 4 months sober, Ella And it's great that you're seeking help with managing your disorder. Shows real strength! Your husband
must be proud of you.