Notices

Canadian Meds and Doctors

Old 07-15-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Canadian Meds and Doctors

Is anyone from Canada? Can you direct me to a site about your goverment healthcare system. Does it cover Doctors, RX, Surgeries, etc or only some? Are the citizens assigned a primary doctor or hospital..these are the things I want to know, so to save you time, just point me to an accurate goverment page about your universal health insurance.

If my health problems turn out to be fatal if not treated (but I have NO idea yet, so I'm not ASSuming anything)... I was thinking of moving to Canada. I have a job lined up in the US, but I could get one in Toronto. (I've only been to Windsor when I was in college because your legal clubbing age is 19, but I've heard Toronoto is GORGEOUS).

You can PM me the info or use the email forwarding thingee on here to get me the information. All I know is that in my state, if you have no insurance and you get sick with things that require surgeries and/or multiple treatments, it's hard to find help. The ER will only "treat and street" the immediate problem whether it's vomiting, pain, etc... but they won't check you in and start a treatment plan... which is why I'm looking into the laws in Canada regarding healthcare. (once someone becomes a citizen --if you know a site that outlines those requirements too). I could get in on a work visa, but thats all I know.

Is Don Cherry's still around or am I that much of a fossil? lol

Last edited by oxyious; 07-15-2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: cant spell, nothing new