Notices

Update

Old 07-14-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Sorry for the short update but can only type so much on an iPhone - made the drive safely 13 hours. So exhausted and my back / neck so jacked up cant hardly move today....

BUT IM CLEAN! don't even wake craving.

I AM OFF THAT OXY TRAIN ALMOST 3 WEEKS!!

Surrounded by southern beauty and my dear family I am tired hurting and blessed!!!

To all those in the first few days - stay strong! It gets better :-) it really does.

Thank you Carl.

Thank the Universe.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your post made me cry. I so wish I were where you are. 3 weeks clean! So jealous but happy for you.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

One week clean for me & feeling so much better than I was just a few days ago. The chills have passed, for the most part. Now I just need to SLEEP!! NVR--thank you for updating!! I always look for your posts because I feel so much like you it's unreAl. You've helped me so much, as well as everyone else on this site. IT IS POSSIBLE, to any readers out there who are scared, just do it. You'll feel so much happier !!!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CongratsNVR. I'm proud of you! Envious almost because you make it seem so effortless (although I know Its FAR FROM IT). Isn't it great to wake up and be thankful to be sober and not suffer a hangover from your DOC or even your NON-DOC? (I know one time I quit, and I'm not the only one that has done this)-- ran out and drank to quash the detox symptoms and got alcohol poisoning. (That's how rational I can be sometimes). After that I didn't drink for a year, but I did end up relapsing.... this time around is the longest it's stuck in a very long time and it's still so new. (May 26/27 - right around midnight when the date change).... other than putting a pill in my mouth lastnight and spitting it out before any of it got in to my system.

PS. If I disappear from here.. don't worry about me. I've got some personal stuff that needs attention. I friended you and I'll send you PM's if I do have to take time off the forum for a while. (Because I also want to keep hearing that you are doing great!)