Notices

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life

Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life

Many of the threads are about withdrawals and I know they're hell - I've been there. I thought I would start this thread so I could tell everyone who needs help what worked for me.

A little background - I was addicted on and off to Vicodin and Oxycontin for several years. At my worst I was taking about 10 pills a day. I realized I was addicted a couple of times, but would go right back to denial, until the last time when I realized what the drugs were doing to me physically and mentally and I did my research.

I have been clean for about a year and a half now, and I no longer crave the pills like I did before. What made this last time different was all the research I did into recovery. Before when I was trying to recover I still had depression and anxiety and I still had bad cravings. But now I am symptom free - it has been life changing.

What I do: I take a multivitamin everyday (the high quality kind), I take supplements to help boost my serotonin (5-HTP) and dopamine levels (L-tyrosine and green tea), and I eat tons of fruits and veggies. This works, I am testament to that.

A good book on nutrition is by Dr. Amen called Change Your Brain Change Your Life. He gives tons of advice on how to balance your brain and body using natural supplements and nutrition.

I hope this helps someone.

Panther
Old 07-14-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Servant of God

That's good info...thanks

Another I found is essential is B-Complex 50.

Tread lightly on this thread to avoid giving medical advice.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

personal experience is generally ok - recommendations for others not so much.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...guideline.html

It's always good here to remember what might have worked for someone else may not be suitable for you.

Thanks for sharing your experience Panther
D
Old 07-15-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was careful to put it in context. It worked for me that's why I want to share it.

Panther
Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I guess some members did not read the link DEe provided...so posts have been removed.

I hope this will clear up the problem...

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing so well and I also think health can be a hugh factor on the level of your sobriety...thanks for the information. And to also remember HALT...don't get to hungry, angry, lonely or tired...keep balanced.