Notices

Teeth Sensitivity and sinus

Old 07-05-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Teeth Sensitivity and sinus

Hey everyone,

Well it been 100days off the lortab, and am having severe teeth pain and pressure in my head. Went to dentist today, I might have one bad tooth, well the pain is in all my teeth since I got off the lortab, and feels like extremly bad sinus trouble, am going to another ENT doc, the 18th of July. Has anybody else experienced this stuff coming off opiates, it has been like I said 100 days today!!! Thanks for any info on this. I feel like I am ruined for life.
Kim
Old 07-05-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

CONGRATS sickgirl2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:day6: I too have the same teeth and sinus problem and would love to find out if there are others.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My denist suggested I begin useing an OTC product for sensitive teeth years ago. It worked out well for me.
Sensodyne now has a foamy type tho I've not yet tried it..

For sinus stuffy feelings....I use Vicks and sometimes a warm cloth too. please check with your doctor too.

Well done on your 100 days.....
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use a Neti Pot (Neil Med makes a different version you can buy in places like Walmart). Is is just warm salt water that you rinse your nose out with. I use it several times a week for allergies and find that I rinse out irritants and my sinus feel much better.

I would see a Dr. first to make sure you don't have an infection because the Neti Pot shouldn't be used if you do.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 days.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SG2-Congrats on the 100 days!
I am getting close to 7 months now, but almost relapsed about 2 wks ago. This remains a daily struggle especially if one has been on the opiate roller coaster for years. We have to watch our triggers, which for me, are usually family related stresses.
Regarding teeth, I did not have true pain, but even now as I type, I can "feel" my teeth more. It is almost like the nerve endings are now more sensitive. Some days are worse than others, with the more anxious days being worse. I still what I assume are lingering PAWS, such as occasional GI issues and horrific sneezing spells. I do use a doctor prescribed nasal spray, NasalCort, for my sneezing as some days it is all all day event and can really wear down my body.
Keep up the good work and keep posting.