Notices

Gratitude

Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serenity, Courage and Wisdom

Gratitude

I am grateful for my husband, who drove me to treatment when I asked to go; who would not let me back out of my decision, and who filled out all the paperwork because my hands shook to much to hold a pen.

I am grateful for my dad, who calls me daily just to chat now, and for the healing our relationship has undergone. I am grateful for his support and love.

I am grateful for the friends who did not write me off when by all rights, they could have, and most likely should have. I am grateful for the people in my life who did not judge me, but instead came forward and shared personal stories of recovery, whether it was theirs or someone they knew.

I am grateful for my neighbors, who dropped everything and rallied around me in support - taking time out of their own busy schedules to come by and check on me when my husband had to go out of town right after I got out of treatment. I am grateful for the body-shop owner/'good old boy' across the street who - despite his evident discomfort - made sure I was where I said I was going to be; for the schoolteacher down the way who came by to pray with me daily; and for the elderly retirees on either side of me who think of me as a grand-daughter.

I am grateful for my health and sanity.

I am grateful for the new friends I have made at meetings, for my sponsor, and for their willingness to share the details of their personal 'adventures' on their journey to sobriety.

I am grateful to have met two special women in treatment, with whom I have formed a lasting bond. Already, we have helped one another immensely.

And, I am grateful to have found Sober Recovery.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you shared part of your story with us....well done on your progress
It's so great to have supportive people in our lives...

Please do come join in any of our on going threads too. new members are welcomed..
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Welcome to SR and thanks for sharing hope to see you around the threads.

I love to hang out at mostly the gratitude ones and then top if off by going to my all time favorite the Whiners where everyone who whines is a winner

Hope to see you there.. Peace
Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

Thank you for sharing that with us. You are a kind, warm person who like us all has lost her way. This is evident in the people rallying around you and wrapping you and your family in support. I know in your recovery you will be restored to the person who impacted those people so much, that they are giving their love and support to you now. And you will look at yourself with the same love again. Lots of prayers and support for you from me and everyone at SR!!!