Notices

Gratitude for AA

Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude for AA

AA is my daily therapy. I listen to what I need to change and deal with and leave the problems behind.

Last night I heard an inspiring meeting in a discussion between six people with around 20 years sobriety when the topics of willingness, step one and conforming with AA principles were brought up. I wish I had a CD of it to replay again and again, it was that good.

Their stories of learning to be willing to do the right thing, what brought them to AA and Step One and learning to conform to the AA way of meetings and daily life taught me so much.

I remain in the WHO principle, willing, honest and open of the 12 characteristics I need to practice. I am willing to not drink today and deal with my thoughts on a realistic basis. I am open about my feelings and fears so I can be honest about how to really deal with them. When I get back into the old me, everything goes haywire.

I tried to look up the 12 characteristics and don't find them so I will have to ask my sponsor. Maybe one of you have them handy.

They spoke of their faults and horrible life with alcohol and how much better their life is now to give us hope. The room was silent except for the six or experienced members who spoke and every attention was on every word.

This is the same town where I heard inflated ego's raging over drugs vs alcohol just Friday. The AA Groups brochure gives a lot of detail on what went wrong in that meeting and what was right in this one. That is why I go to lots of meetings and take home what I can use.

I can't stay sober by myself but with your help and AA I have a chance.

I have gratitude for that chance.

This may be more appropriate for the 12 step forum but for me it is a gratitude today.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

A.A. is GREAT!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

grateful for A.A.

Attitude Adjustment
Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

AA? the wisest thing I ever did was become an active member .

Thanks for sharing your gratitude here Farmer....