Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents
Reload this Page >

talking about positive outcomes = putting a curse on yersel supersticious nonsense?

talking about positive outcomes = putting a curse on yersel supersticious nonsense?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i think from my dad i have picked up this idea that to talk positively about how well things are going is dangerous like the whole tempting fate idea right.

this is superstitious nonsense right? sorry im ACA i don't know this stuff. but im learning. thanks to everyone here
Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I find that positive thinking leads to positive results and vice versa. If you believe that a positive outlook will jinx you, you don't need to worry because you don't truly have a positive outlook at all. I used to believe that too. I was so used to things not going my way that I *knew* that anything good that came to me just had to be short-lived. Now that I am moving forward and fully embracing the beautiful things life has to offer, I find that more of them come to me naturally when I appreciate what I have and expect happiness to flow to me and through me.

I also realized that I am naturally dramatic about things that upset me, so why not be equally enthusiastic about the things that bring joy into my life?

Whatever you feel, you will get more of. The spiral can go whichever way you like.

It usually takes a little time to readjust your thinking, but it is worthwhile.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks. i forced myself to congratulate myself today
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am a very positive person. My father was always nothing but negativity, I knew that was not going to be my direction in life. Through my positive thinking I believe that there is nothing I cannot resolve, I will figure it out, make a plan and follow thru.