Notices

Bi-Polar disorder: Tips for reducing relapse

Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Bi-Polar disorder: Tips for reducing relapse

Interesting and hopefully useful article.
Bipolar Disorder: Tips for Reducing Relapse | World of Psychology
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To me I define relapse as being put in a pscyward. Depression,hypomania,even most forms of mania I can deal with, it's psychosis when I have complete lost of reality.Bipolar 1 with psychosis. Bipolars are like snow flakes no two the same.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've learned bipolars can also skip the whole depression thing, and go to manic (anger episdoes) when cycling -and skip depression altogether.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Thanks for the info, nandm! It was very helpful.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sleeping till rested !!!

I am not a large font forum poster very often.

I have been labeled and Identify with bipolar but take no meds.

Sleeping until fully rested helps me so much, I will not take a job or committment that requires me to get up before I am fully rested or any "obey the clock wake up" I find my bipolar symptoms appear with not letting my sleep come to a natural end. something happends at this natural end of sleep thats needed for me.

this is #1 to my recovery

Hypo-mania can be fun but not always and often not, can make music sound wonderful
Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This thread started before I joined SR so I didn't see it till it was bumped today. Thanks for posting the article nandm. I have been writing a journal for years using a spreadsheet on my computer and I keep a record of my sleeping hours. They have been erratic for sometime now as far as when I go to bed but the number of hours slept is pretty consistent. My moods can be influenced by stress in a big way. I've had some major stressors in the last 7 yrs, my Mom dying, selling my house in CA and moving here to CO, getting divorced and losing a dog. Right after each of those events I seemed to do okay handling what had to be done but then awhile later I'd have outbursts of anger over little things.

Those outbursts are what I consider to be relapses. Anger can be like a drug for me giving me energy or adrenalin for a short time and then sadness creeps in. Going to the gym relieves some of the stress but talking with someone who understands and doesn't judge me helps more.