Notices

Thorazine/Largactil

Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thorazine/Largactil

I am currently weaning off Seroquel (300mg per night) and onto Largactil, or THorazine as it is called in other countries. I am prescribed this mainly for insomnia but also to stabilize my moods during the day, and calm my mania.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this drug that they would like to share...I feel okay so far, cant wait to be off the Seroquel completely as this sleep-eating has been getting way out of control.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no experience with thorazine, but I had to get off of the Seroquel, too. I was taking half of 25mg (pretty much for insomnia only - I'm on Lamictal and Wellbutrin for the mood stabilization) and was fine if I was allowed to sleep as long as I wanted - but in reality, that's not possible and if I couldn't totally sleep it off, I was a total zombie for hours after I woke up. Tried Zyprexa but couldn't quite get the right dose and am now switching to Trazodone in hopes that it won't induce hypomania! Whyyyy is insomnia such a b*tch to treat?!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Really? In some ways I envy you - getting such a strong effect off a small dose! On 300mg seroquel id still wake up several times because I was so hungry/thirsty. Then fall back to sleep with food in my mouth.....pretty dodgy really. Now on 50mg seroquel, 150 largactil, soon to be 200 largactil.

Id probably be a zombie for hours after waking if I didnt drink energy drinks as soon as I woke up...