Notices

Hen house Talk..Part 14

Old 06-12-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow Hen house Talk..Part 14

Everyone is welcome to join in this new section.....

Here is the link to the last in case you want to catch up

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-13-a-17.html

Last edited by CarolD; 06-12-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 06-12-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

*Fluffs Feathers*

Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, I guess your pain is post op scenario... your 3rd-5th days are bad, of course that rubbing issues on the gum would be enough to make a person scream. Maybe he can numb your gums up tomorrow for a bit of relief. I'd rather drool than scream in pain. I remember an old movie with a cat named Sassy,, I think the movie is called Milo but Sassy said "cats rule and dogs drool" lol just thought of that silly little ditty. Anyway he's got to do something for you to get some relief.
I'm sorry they farted around at work and you got stuck staying late. That's bad when you're in pain. Hugs honey this will get better soon.
Thank you for the wise comments about going to codie hell. I was headed down that road, I want to please people to my own detriment, my daughter needs a good reality check about money. I've spoiled her and it's my fault.

TOD, you had some great ideas about dealing with stuff, I don't know if my mom would consider a bus but it's a thought. She is a tad better today, she's on a zpack and eyedrops and allergy meds, she's a bad asthmatic so it doesn't take her much to get sick. Hope you're doing well and taking care of all that disability business.

40T I guess it might better to know going in than finding out by surprise once you're there, I know about those big girl pants, and I hate dragging them out. You'll probably do fine, the fear and anxiety are much worse than the actuality. I was cleaning up some jewelry today and found an old ring that my first love gave me and it brought back some strong memories I would have preferred to have not remembered. I don't regret leaving him, but no matter how happy I am now, I think it's natural to always remember your first love or the love of your life fondly or bittersweetly. He was a baaaaaaad boy and was bad for me, probably why I wanted him. I am sending you a good hug for dealing with these emotions that aren't fun to deal with.

Chicory, so how are you doing, thanks for all the kindness in your last post. Sending you a sweet hug.

Dreamscape your comment made me giggle (the lunch) remark. Seems we're all dealing with disgusting emotions and situations lately. I think I'm undiagnosed mild bipolar because I get in mania moments that I'm so Happy but there is a corresponding pit of depression for every happy manic high I have... depression is the pits. The mixed states of feeling restless and depressed at the same time are I think the WORST. So what helps me is to get physically active to create my own natural endorphins to feel better and it really does help. Hugs for that pit.

Jay I'm so glad you got back safe. Doing all these adult responsible things are tough.. Funerals are about the hardest most responsible thing a person can do and you're doing it dear one. I'm so very proud of how you've raised yourself, you are a wonderful person. Hugs

I miss Lenina. Where are you Squirrel Sister? Hello out there to Kelsey, TPA, Timebuster. I hope to heck I've not missed a dear hen/rooster. Love to all you sweet ones.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

omg jay that is a gorgeous photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we posted at the same time.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DEE I was thinking of you and I miss you too here. It's good to hear from you. Hugs.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Oh, it's not my photo. Just found it on photobucket . It is a pretty cool rooster though! I'm signing up for classes for the fall today... I've decided not to continue photography, I think it's just more of a hobby for me, I can't really see it as a steady career. I'll figure something else out. I'm thinkin animals are a good start...lol
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The hen house has been too quiet. Missing everyone, and hoping all is well for everyone.

Jay- I like your idea of the animals. Your photography is awesome,tho! I have checked out your photos, and was wowed!

night hens and roosters,
love and hugs,
chicory
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Jay: I have a rooster, LeRoy, that his that roosters twin. But LeRoy is half his size. He's a little guy. He only has one eye he see's out of and is a 100% momma's boy. He draws blood from hubby every time he has to handle him. He just talks lovingly to me and falls asleep in my arms when I'm holding or carrying him. He constantly pecks hubby when he's carrying him. I HAVE NO CLUE WHY! Hubby has never been mean to him.

Our little Morgan is steadly going down hill. She's stopped eating and wants to only drink water. So it's just time now till she leaves us. She's the hen that makes the noises of yes and no, uh uh and uh uhhh. Hubby is going to have a damn hard time putting her in the ground when that day comes. They all will reach this day, but I know we'll be greeted on the other side by ALL of them when we get there. So our sorrow will not last forever. But she will be sorely missed for quite some time.

I'm waiting to hear from the Attorney's office I contacted and sent my denial paper work to in reference to the SS claim. If I don't hear something soon, I'll call their office myself. I have to put in an appeal on my own to keep it going if he doesn't take the case.

Amy: You might try making a paste with baking soda and water to put on your sore gums. I use this method on fever blisters and sore gums. It works quite well in the healing.

Best wishes to all!
TOD
Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG, just posted a LONG post and it said I had too many smilies and it's gone

Will try to make this one shorter.

((40)) - I understand the anxiety. I loved XABF#3 dearly, but was very vulnerable to him. He's who I ended up with at the end of my relapse. I last saw him at his mom's funeral, he was very appreciative of me being there, but I could tell he'd been smoking. I had a dr's appt., so made a quick exit. Perhaps it might help if you imagine all of us there, with you, providing a protective little circle. We WILL be there, just not in person.

(((Jay))) - LOVE the rooster!! I think we should name him ((Windy)) as he's the reason we initially renamed this thread the henhouse. I miss (((Daisy))), too, but always keep her in my prayers. Glad you are going back to school, and though I think the animal area is an awesome thing, I still feel you will find a way to combine that with your amazing photography skills.

(((Med))) - glad your mom is feeling better. FWIW, I spoiled Brit a LOT. She's not my kid, but the closest I have. In addition to dad and stepmom enabling the hell out of her, I finally realized I was contributing to her not maturing, not having a clue as to what life is really all about, and started setting boundaries. It's never too late, though they rebel like crazy when we change the rules.

(((Joe))) - I really hate when I get in a funk, but coming here and just letting it out, really helps. My funks seem to have gotten shorter in time, lately. Just know we all love you and are cheering you on, and sending you prayers and good thoughts.

I haven't heard from (((Daisy))) since the last time she posted, not long after her sister died, but she is always in my prayers and I think of her often. Really, really missing ((Lenina)) but praying she will come back and update her on her life and make us laugh, as she does so well.

((Chicory))) - sorry it's been slow...I've been at the dentist and work all day, and have yet to master getting on SR on my phone.

Okay, so here is what is going on. Brit didn't come for a visit..she has moved home. Met her in the hallway, gave her a hug, we both said "I love you and I've missed you" and it was genuine. Were talking, later, and I just said something about "that was when we were having our problems" and it was acknowledged and we both moved on, so THAT was really nice.

She's now added neon orange to the pepto-bismol bathroom, so I'm more motivated to get out and get my own place, where I can have a soothing, relaxing bathroom full of ocean-type stuff One of the first things she said is that she is SO excited that she's almost 18 (end of July) and can "go to the clubs"...sigh. She can't DRINK there, legally, but I remember feeling a lot the same way when I was her age, so am going to let her walk her own path.

She's going to try to get her old job back, but it will be about a month. Doesn't have cigarettes, no money, so I gave her 2 but told her "I can't support your smoking habit". She's been on the computer, on FB since she got home. She IS interested in going to the GED classes and taking the test, so told her I will take her down to my school when she wants to talk to them and get the details.

She was asking stepmom for "something to help her sleep"...they both sleep all day, then can't figure out why they can't sleep at night. Stepmom gave her some OTC meds. MINE are locked up, both laptops are password protected with something there is no WAY they could figure it out (borrowed it from Tess's Hank).

Called the dentist when they opened, told Phyllis what was going on and she said "come on". Took them 3 hours to get me back, I finally got hold of T, at work, to tell her I'd be late. Dr. H saw the raw spot on my gum and said "ouch!! I know THAT hurts" and they adjusted the denture.

He then checked out the rest of my gums, hit one spot and I almost hit the ceiling...have a dry socket. Luckily, with the denture covering it, I haven't had the excruciating pain that ((Med)) and others have told me about. He asked me "doesn't this hurt?" and I said "hell, my whole FACE hurts...chin to eyeballs, I thought that was just a part of healing".

Apparently not...he said I should just feel very minor aching, and be getting used to having this new stuff in my mouth. I'm on antibiotics, and he did give me a few more pain pills, and asked why I hadn't come in earlier. Um, if you don't know what to expect, how do you know it's not normal?

Phyllis updated my chart and said "and, of course, there is no charge" and Will was there, told me to call him this week about the "inconvenience discount". Had them in hysterics, explaining what a normal evening is in DT, and neither could believe I'd done it with the pain. Wow, guess I'm not the wuss I thought I was!

Dad has been getting back to back trips, and I'm going to remind him that when he gets antsy about no work, have some faith, look at what's always happened (more work than he can actually do, but plenty to keep him busy) and maybe he can not be an antsy pantsy.

Got to work over 2 hours late, with a notice from my dentist. Had to work up front for a while (HATED it, as the new people don't have a clue) but finally got back in my "hole" in DT.

Did some extra dishes, and when J came in, apologized for showing my a$$ the other night, but explained that I had a legit reason for being in pain, and he said I had nothing to apologize for.

Dotty is apparently on thin ice, as she has run off 3 people on night shift. Before Mrs P went on vacation, she, Dotty and M had a meeting, and all twin heard was "I don't want to hear that coming from your mouth again". Glad all this has nothing to do with me!

Have tomorrow off, work Wed., off Thu. (will do stores, if I'm up to it), work Fri/Sat then have 3 days off. Had my coffee-drinking buddy come in, while I'd stepped up front, had the new guy make him a fresh pot of coffee, explaining that he ALWAYS gets a fresh pot, as I've spoiled him. He complimented me on my new smile and told me how much he misses me being up front.

Several people have asked me how much $$ it took to get done what I have, I told them and they asked how I got the money. Told them "I have some awesome friends and family, and I've worked as hard as I can".

THIS is what feels like the core of my recovery. The very same family that I shut myself off from, making new friends at SR, and doing everything I could..then getting frustrated, finally letting it go, and wow...it's worked out. I have so many people "in my corner" that it truly overwhelms me. Knowing I love/care about THEM just as much is such a blessing.

I'm still a bit on guard with Brit being here, but have plenty to keep me busy, and am a lot better about boundaries. We are okay, for today, and this is good. She has no clue that going to the clubs is not free; that someone buying her a drink, being underage, can get her in a lot of trouble, at the very least, kicked out (learned that from my buddy Haley, who just turned 19). This is her path, and it's high time she learns that life isn't all fun and games.

So, sorry for the novel, but it's been quite a day. Looking forward to tomorrow, as I know the antibiotics will really help with the pain. Still prefer ibuprofen over the pain meds, and that is also something to be grateful for.

Oh, and got an e-mail from my instructor who thanked me for letting her know about the assignment she'd given us, yet not posted. I was the ONLY one who told her, and she said I did "great" in the class, and wished me well. Unable to pull up the final grade in either class, but not stressing over it. I just think it's cool that she took the time to e-mail me.

Going to unwind, get some sleep, and MAYBE start working on my room tomorrow, but will have to sit on the floor as bending over still puts a lot of painful pressure on my face. Where there's a will, there's a way

Love to all the MIA hens and roosters, and all who continue to check in. I know, without a doubt, I wouldn't be who I am today, if it weren't for all of you.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-13-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - we were posting at the same time. I'm so sorry about (((Morgan))), have heard the affection in your hubby's voice when he talks about her. Special love, hugs, and prayers, coming ya'll's way.

All 3 cats came in when I got home, but haven't had a single one in my room? Guess I'm getting the ritual "shunning" of cats, but I'm sure I'll wake up with one or 3 (and the dog).

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I'm glad you and Brit are getting along. But this is the Honey Moon period, with her just moving back in. The record that she has? She won't stay long. Especially when the rules start getting put down for her. With her turning 18 next month. It reminds me of when my stepdaughter turned 18 and got mad at us for not allowing her to stay out all weekend. We got the, "I'm 18 and an adult and I'm moving out"! I asked if she needed help packing and told her to leave the cell phone on the kitchen counter, because it was under MY contract. Also glad you got some relief from your mouth pain.

40T: Dress beautifully for the wedding and go as the confident woman you know that you are! He might show up with another woman hanging on his arm. So don't concern yourself about being worried about him. I run into two of my X's all the time. Doesn't bother me. They are part of my past. Not my present or future.

Joe: Hang in there our good friend. Take a deep breath and say the Serenity Prayer several times. If you feel yourself tightening up from stress? Just start relaxing your muscles. You'll find it really helps to get past the hard times.

Chicory: Thanks for worrying about our absence. But we all come and go. I've had some extra time since my post about being too busy to post. That's why I've been able to post a little these past few days.

Med: Hope you're getting your problems figured out? We can't clone ourselves to multi task for multiple ppl. There is only one of us to go around. So take care of yourself.

TPA: My heart goes out to you. We are both dealing with the loss of our beloved pet. Morgan will be following my other beloved Silkies soon. But we will see them again. I know this in the deepest part of my soul.

Lenina: Where are you??????????????????????

TOD
Old 06-14-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - you are right in that this is the honeymoon period. On my way to the store to buy something of mine that Brit threw away when she re-did the bathroom...oh, the 20+ bottles of empty stuff is still in there, but my loofah sponge? Gone. Will get an inexpensive bag/tote, and keep all my stuff in it, IN MY ROOM.

On a good note, it has given me the incentive to work on my room and make it a comfy safe haven again. Have thrown away all my school notes, still have a ways to go and am hoping to find MY remote control.

This has stirred up a lot of feelings, and not good...my self-esteem/worth is still WAY too dependent on my family, and the whole "YAAAYYYYYY, Brit is home" really does a number on me. It will all be fine, as long as I work on me.

At least all her stuff is out of my room (part of it is in the hallway)..she may think twice about pitching a fit about "her stuff" being in "my room".

Sorry I'm being whiny. History may or may not repeat itself, but I will continue moving forward. It reminds me of when my mom quit work, and I'd always had "my time" when her and dad were working and I got out of school. It felt like an invasion of my space.

Will come home, crank up my music, and if it wakes the sleepy-heads up around here, oh well It's almost 3 pm.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Okay...these are the only pictures I could get of Darby. Don't be hatin cause they're crappy and blurry. He's a fast little bugger and I took them with my point-n-shoot camera cause I didn't feel like messing with all the settings on my good one. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use my good camera on this guy, he moves too much and too fast for me to have the time to adjust the settings all just right . They were also taken through the wire screen I have on the cage so yeah... lol. One day, one day, I'll have good ones.

He is partially "fired up" in these pictures which means they get darker in color. This happens when they're stressed, it's night time, they're hunting, or they're just...awake? Lol. When he's fired down he's a light lavender color with light brown pattern on his side and dorsal stripe and fired up he is considered a "Halloween Harlequin" which means that his base color fires up to be almost black, and his sides and dorsal stripe fire up to an orange color like these pictures. It's really intense and bright in person. It's really kind of cool. I love his contrast when he's fired up. He doesn't fire up that often for me though. Haha. It's really insane though how many different patterns and colors these types of gecko's can have, they can be totally RED base color or have dalmatian spots or have an olive base color with raised scales all the way down it's dorsal stripe, outlining it, called a "pinstripe" or a whole bunch of other stuff. It blows my mind and I want them all now. LOL. They're like pokemon...gotta catch 'em all. These could possibly be my new addiction.

Really blurry.

I'm sorry...really really blurry.

((TOD)) - Sorry to hear about Morgan. Morgan and ((TPA's)) Hazel (err..I think that's what it's name was, maybe I'm making stuff up...) will be in my thoughts.

((Amy)) - I hope Brit doesn't turn into a giant butt .
Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

He's adorable Jay. So what does he eat? Crickets? I fell in love with one of those bearded dragons at the pet store but I don't think I can get one for a bit. Too many sweet little rodents in cages and the only place I would have to put one would be the basement and it's a bit chilly down there even with a light on for the guys. I did muck out my fish tank and I don't really know why I hate cleaning a fish tank but it's not my fav job. How often do you have to clean his tank?

I love your little guy and Darby is a great name.

I think maybe the problems are resolving a bit. Right now the daughter's bf's mom is paying for the trip and they are flying outside LA to meet the grandparents. Someplace called Uplands. BF is flying with daughter and that's a good thing, he's used to flying and knows all the in's and outs of plane changes and can deal with Atlanta, and LAX.

So I'm going to be kidless the 4th of July. I guess I'll find some trouble to get into... I love to sunbathe so I may go to the lake or pool and be lazy. Without someone bugging me to go after we've been there an hour. I'm planning on working on my melanoma.

I got on the treadmill and I'm serious I did a half a mile on the warmup phase and it was rough. I can't imagine going on the fat burning cycle or doing a full mile That was tough and this treadmill has different cycles, a cardo a fat burn and a way to incline the ramp. I'm on the baby sets flat, on warmup and barely able to huff a 1/2 mile.
I also got one of those abdominocizers things at the thrift store for real real cheap and working my abs. People buy this stuff and don't use it and finally get rid of it, it's brand new and I got it for 15 bucks. So I'm set. My calves and hamstrings hate me right now. Hugs to all the hens.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - aww, blurry or not, it's good to "meet" the newest family. I could get totally mesmerized with the changing of colors.

(((Med))) - your treadmill sounds exactly like ours. You can change the incline (I have it on the lowest), one side has "fat burning" choices..uphills, plateaus, dowhill, etc., the other side has "training mode" which has several choices that look like everything is uphill. Good for you for getting on it!!

I usually start the speed at 3mph, but depending on the music I'm listening to, how I'm feeling, may get up to 3.2, rarely 3.3mph. 3.4 is just way too fast.

I haven't been on it in so long, am going to have to start back at about 20 minutes a time. I've found, several times, that when I first start, I swear I won't make it through 5 minutes, but keep saying "just 5 minutes more and you can get at 20" but by that time, I just go for the full 30 minutes.

To me, it's definitely harder to walk on than at the park, even though the park does have some hills. Absolutely HAVE to have my music (mp3 or phone) and keep an eye out for all the cats who have to come watch me.

Will see how I feel tomorrow/later today and if possible, at least get on there for a few minutes before work. It' supposed to do you just as well if you walk at a good pace for 10 minutes, 6 times a day rather than an hour at one time, but I haven't gotten that idea clicked in my head yet. My hardest part is coming back up the darned stairs after walking!

I almost got a Mtn. Dew freezie, today, then realized I still can't drink anything through a straw, dammit.

The walking, just like the cleaning of my room, are thinks I KNOW will make me feel better in the long run, it's just getting started. I must be the queen or procrastination

Not sure it the thread is still active but ((NinaKay)) had started a thread on walking, and I was really looking forward to participating, getting/receiving encouragement, then school got so busy, teeth stuff came up, but I'm going to see if it's still moving along and will join back in as soon as I get on the treadmill.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-15-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Med)) - I love bearded dragons too, those guys are so cool, but I must say, I do like geckos better. His care is really easy, he doesn't even need heat lamps (yay cheapness!!). You keep these geckos at room temperature, and you feed them Crested Gecko Diet which is a powder mix that you just add water too. As long as you feed them CGD you don't need to feed them crickets, but it can be fun for them to hunt if you want to. Crickets should only be a treat though and not their main staple. You mist their cage with water every morning and night to achieve a humidity cycle of sorts and that's it! He's actually not to hard to handle if you hand walk him, and I've read that once they're adults they're usually pretty calm and a lot easier to handle than in their juvenile stage where they can be a bit flighty. You use paper towels as their substrate and change those once every week, but you really only have to clean their cage once every month. I hear you on fish tanks, I hate cleaning fish tanks too and I hate caring for fish, water quality issues kick my butt. I've killed enough fish to know that I should never have one again, or any type of aquatic pet except maybe semi-aquatic fire-belly toads which I think are really cool, lol. If I ever get further into reptiles, bearded dragons, chahoua geckos, gargoyle geckos, argentine black and white tegu (awesome giant lizards, I probably will never have the space for one of these), and chinese water dragons (my dream that I will never achieve unless I become very very rich somehow, they need a 6' x 6' cage as adults ) are all on my list...

((Amy)) - I don't think you procrastinate as much as me!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I feel the inspiration creeping in!

amy and med- i used to do aerobics eod- but when son came to live, i dont do any. sit in front of comp in spare time. and feel breathless when i try to do any thing very active. so, i walked a bit with g daughter sat. and last night got ready to do aerobics, then son got up from nap. dont like to do them in front of anyone. like watching an elephant in a tutu trying to ballet. actually, i dont have much to lose, only about 20. i get in shape fast, but need to do something before i blow out my heart, i guess.
i have an elyptical machine(sp?), do you think that would be good? dont like to walk alone, even tho i used to when i was younger and there was more of a danger of abduction. now they might abduct me to use for fish bait, but i still dont like to go alone. too many mean people in this town.
i can get my old elyptical from my daughter. it is better than nothing.

i really can do this, if i set my mind to it.

jason, that gecko is reallllllllly cute! i love the colorations too. cant wait to see them all!

today is my first day back from vacation (spent time with grands, and on here) i was off for 11 days. dont wannto go bakc!
love to all ,
hugs

chicory
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Elipticals are just as good as treadmills as far as I know.

I don't have work today. Time to clean Darby's cage, take Goliath out to play frisbee, and go see my girlfriend (and I'll pet Holly in there somewhere too ).
Old 06-15-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Chicory))) - as far as I know ellipticals are even better than treadmills, as the movement is smoother and it works out more muscles.

Just a quick fly-by as I get ready for work. Have had some really good talks with Brit. She saw the pictures I have on my shelf..one of her and her mom in the pool, when Brit was a baby and the other of my stepsister's first wedding because Tina (Brit's mom) was a bridesmaid. She started crying, said "OMG, I do look just like her" and how much she misses that she never got to know her

She said she thinks her mama "talks" to her and I told her I have no doubt, and that it's okay to "talk" back, I do it all the time to my mom and others.

She's raring to go for the GED classes, talked about how dad has always been her dad, and how much she loves him. I was telling her that I was going to write in his card "I know it's not always easy being my dad" and she laughed through the tears, and said "yeah, he's had his hands full with both of us, but he always sticks by us".

I can see she's changed, and I hope it lasts. I've got "my kid" back, and I didn't have to compromise, take blame for something I didn't do, or beg her to stop shutting us out. She WANTS to be here, and it's very obvious. I have no idea what the future will bring, but I know that for now? It's all good and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

On that note, I'm going to work and am going to have a fantastic day!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

thanks for the opinions on the ellipticals (thanks for spelling). I am gonna go get it tomorrow. i have been getting so breathless when i do anything exertive. (that should be a word anyway
hope your day off was good jay. really good.

amy- hope you are healing up and that the fixing of that spot made a big difference.
i thought your post about Brit was sweet. I really hope that she is gonna take care of her self. sounds like she missed you, and is glad that you are in her life. I am saying a prayer for her.
i know that i may not seem to fit here, since i am not a recovering addict/or alcoholic,but i am surely a codie who desperately needs recovery. I underestimated the very depth of the difficulty of being a codependent. it makes my life he!! at times. I learn so much from you all here, and am encouraged that life can be better, if we go after it consistently. I need to do the steps , i think.I struggle daily but I learn about boundaries a lot here. i cant believe that i learned so little about self care during my learning years. self care is a foreign thing to me. but i guess if i dont learn to take care of me, i will just get sicker, and i cant bear that. so, thanks for letting me be here guys. i hope that i don't seem like a clueless visitor, cause i am learning, just have to figure out how to get the courage to do it.

love and hugs to all the hen house denizens,
chicory