Notices

Help! Can't go back out there!

Old 06-10-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help! Can't go back out there!

Hey Guys
Its been a while since I have been on here. Everything thing has been going great and I have been very good. For those that remember me I'm a oc and benzo addict. I do suffer from panic attacks, thats how I got introduced to the benzos, and that led to the opiets. I have been doing great until this Monday. I go the mother of all stomach viruses and wasn't able to keep my crazy pill down. Now the virus is gone but I'm having panic attacks again. I took .5 mg of xanax the day before yesterday and since I had another panic attack this morning I took .25mg. I didn't take them at all for recreational use, I had to make the panic go away. I could have made it through it if I could have stayed at home all day, but I had to work. Do you think this is considered a relapse? I need your support so I don't go back out there again. The last think I want to do is take these evil pills.
thanks
CB
Old 06-10-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

hey chris,

Is there some reason you have a SUPPLY of these things? You do know that if you have NO ACCESS to drugs, you can't take them, right?

So now what is your plan to REMOVE your access to the pills?

FT
Old 06-10-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Chris-

You're right - xanax is the worst of the bunch to detox from. I was addicted to opiates and came off of them using xanax...then I had to step off of the xanax very very carefully. I don't have any meds in my possession any longer.
I hope you discard whatever supply you have on hand.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the support guys. My wife had a couple of .25 xanax left that she was prescribed because she is deathly afraid of flying. I know I shouldn't have taken them, but I wanted the panic to stop. There is one left, but I'm gonna make her toss it.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

Good deal, Chris. Have you asked your doctor about something else for panic attacks that is non-narcotic? There are some things they use for people who fear public speaking for example, sometimes beta blockers, and there may be other things, too.

It's worth a try if panic attacks are something that you deal with on a regular basis.

FT