Notices

Trying to stay Positive

Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to stay Positive

I have been off lortab 74 days today, and am still not feeling good. I have severe muscle tension in my shoulders and electric shocks in my right shoulder. Anyone else experienced this. Thank you any input would be helpful. Took the lortab for pain only.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 74 days. I'd speak with your doctor about the shoulder issues.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everything seems to hurt more for awhile. I still have days when I think to myself, "does anyone feel this crappy?" A few days to a week later, the pain lessens and I go on. I just know some of it is my crazy addict mind. Sometimes stuff just hurts, but if it continues for long periods I would talk to a Dr.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Hi sickgirl -

I'm glad to hear you are staying off the oxys, even though you aren't feeling good yet. Sometimes chronic pain can do a number on your tolerance to ANYTHING, and the electric shocks in your shoulder may be contributing to that. Depending on when you get the shocks, the doctor may recommend imaging studies.

It helps the docs a lot of if you keep a symptoms and pain calendar. Get a big enough one to write down what time you have pain or bad symptoms, what you were doing when it happened, what makes or worse or better (even if neither is the answer), and grade the pain on a scale from 1 to 10 so the doctor can see what kind of a pain pattern you have.

Once you've done that for a few days, you will be armed with far more information for the doc than to try to verbalize it to the doc in the 5 minutes or so you have to explain things. Make a copy of your calendar to give the doc for your medical chart.

Believe me, just doing these small things can help the doc find the right treatment for you in the quickest time possible. I know you are getting really, really sick of this.

FT