Notices

Well I am back from Rehab!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Well I am back from Rehab!

Well I just got back from rehab earlier today. I haven't been on here in awhile. Actually I forgot I even had an account here lol! I don't really know what to say except I feel great. I am looking forward to my new life of sobriety!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome back! Glad you are feeling good. What are your plans so far as aftercare? I'm sure you were told that rehab is only the first step to sobriety.

Keep moving forward and you'll continue to feel great! Congratulations!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey a fellow Chicagoan. That is excellent news Neekolio! Getting out of rehab was both exciting and scary for me. I am sure you will do great. Try to build up your support network and have a plan if/when cravings do come. Just remember using will not solve anything. Enjoy your new life!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Neekolio

D
Old 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

That is fantastic, Neekolio.

It would be cool to hear how it went, and what your plans are now.

FT
Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Rehab gave me a great start on recovery. Keep posting and let us know how it's going!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on completing rehab and feeling as great as you do!

There are several people on here, (myself included), that did it CT. I was never in rehab, but I know there are many tools given to you that would help. I think it would be very beneficial for us if you would share some of your experiences.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks my friends!!! Sorry I haven't been on since, I was having trouble with this damn computer. Well anyways....Rehab.... Honestly, I am still shocked that I actually completed it. But it was well worth it. I called the center on 5/8 or something and they said that they could get me in on 5/11. Well I agreed and spent the next couple days just getting completely messed up. I thought "Why the **** not? I'm gonna fix this in a few days...." It was probably a HUGE mistake since I spent the first few days in Rehab going through some lovely withdrawals...anyway...I was totally fine with going until the morning of my intake. I was coming down from my binge and the whole idea of going somewhere for a few months scared the crap out of me. So I threw some clothes together and my mom dropped me off. The first day was the worst, I got there and I was sooooo nervous. I started crying and called my mom to pick me up because "I didn't belong there and I didn't have a problem...." Ofcourse she didn't pick me up and told me to give it sometime. Well long story short..I stayed the whole month and actually had a very pleasant time. It was so refreshing to be around a bunch of people that had the same problem as me and to know that I wasn't the only one. (I knew I wasn't the only one but actually being around sober addicts and talking to them, it felt much more real." Well I started understanding my disease much more and learned so much about what my triggers were and all that fun stuff. My family and boyfriend came to visit me whenever they could.But More than anything though I really got back in touch with sooooo many things I use to love doing but gave up for my addiction. God I'm getting all teary-eyed now. I had a normal schedule, I worked out, it's great. A few days after I came back I was joking around with my sister and my mom was like "There's my daughter." I haven't been able to see my nieces and nephew since January because I wasn't allowed to be around them at the time but I saw them The day after I got back and it was the best! I was afraid my 3 1/2 year old niece would have forgot who I was but she didn't. She asked me where I had been and I told her I was sick and she was like "Oh. I missed you alot" God I'm getting teary-eyed again. It's so crazy the things we give up and the things we do to support our addictions. I'm not going to lie....I have had a few cravings since I got back, but so far I have been able to fight them off and I am not as afraid to ask for help if I think I need it.

Well yeah....thats that. I also started IOP yesterday and am going mon-fri 6-9pm and am starting NA meetings on friday and AA on Sunday. Feel free to message me anyone if you have more questions.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are doing so wonderful! I also (once I got a bit acclimated to rehab) enjoyed it. I did not really mind the month. I did not like the sober living part that was the next 60 days but it's behind me. The first year is a bit of a rollercoaster emotionally so be kind to yourself, don't beat yourself up and keep your head high and don't live in shame. Live a beautiful honest life, that's a life worth living. Keep us updated on how you're doing. I still go to meetings and I'll be 3 years clean come September. What's important is to stay busy and stay with some form of therapy be it meetings or outpatient one on one counseling. I've learned so much about myself in the 3 years I've seen a therapist.