Notices

Stiff shoulders : New problem

Old 06-06-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stiff shoulders : New problem

So after a couple of weeks of having some bad dizzy spells, I decided to get checked out. The doctor took an MRI of my brain and neck. All is good, no past or present trauma, no build up of plaque...no reason to suspect anything happening to me is because of the brain.

Still, I've been having these problems. The other day, stiff shoulders became one of them. I sleep at night, wake up at 3am, pee, go back to bed, wake up early and feel OK...then around 12pm or 1pm I'm feeling tired again. However, the past 3 days I've felt more than tired...my eyes are pulling down on me. I feel like I could curl up where ever I am and fall asleep...but only I can't. Without my meds, I get shocks while I sleep.

Doctor has me seeing a ENT doctor tomorrow who specializes in sleep to see if perhaps I have some air-way issues while sleeping that's causing my body to fight to stay awake. Not sure if others have had this. The shoulder pains get so bad that I almost put myself into a panic attack and then I take a benzo (Which I normally don't do middle of the day) which makes me sleepier...and the loop of doom begins...

advice?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you at the computer for long periods of time? We bend our head and that creates pain in shoulders, at least it does for me
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Took a while for me to remember I posted this.

I do spend some time at the computer. Some days are longer than others but I am in the habit of getting up, stretching etc. I do this because of a clogged superficial vein. I hit the vein, it swelled, clogged. Doctor said to stretch and ever since, I do.

I kind of feared that the stiff shoulders were heart related. Don't know why...apparently my heart is fine. I do have sleep apnea (Waiting to get a CPAP) and know my heart must be working overtime during sleep.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This will sound simplistic, but taking fish oil relieved the periodic pain in my knee. I read that doctors have learned that it does alleviate pain in some areas.