Notices

Roxy addiciton screwed my life up

Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Roxy addiciton screwed my life up

Hi all. About 2 years ago I sniffed my first roxy (half of a roxy) and after that I was completely hooked on the high. It was my friends that introduced me to them they were sniffing them for years before me but I never considered it I thought it was "crackhead" status to sniff a pill. I come from what I think is a good family we live in a really nice beach neighborhood money was never an issue in my household I always got what I wanted but not in a spoiled way I do work but if I was going on a vacation and needed cash my parents would help me life was good I had a lot of **** going for me I had a girlfriend for 4 years I was really happy but this addiction took over and ruined my life. It started off taking a half, then a whole, then I would buy an extra one to have for the morning the next day. Gradually 2 turned into 3 turned into 5. etc. I started to become only concerned about getting high and hanging out with my friends. I didn't care about my girlfriend who was so good to me (and didnt have a clue that I was hooked on roxys I kept it a secret but I think she knew something was up) so she eventually broke up with me. At first I was cool with it when your stoned you don't even care but when I realized I ****** up and ****** up bad it was too late. I started to get depressed and take more blues to a point where I was taking 10 - 15 roxy 30's a day. I now want to get clean its been 3 weeks since I did a roxy but I used suboxone to get off of them. It was actually pretty easy to take one pill in replace for another I used 2 mgs of suboxone for about 15 16 days now I want off the suboxone I'm on day 2 but my body is just tired I don't want to move or do nothing I've been in my bed for the past two days. Basically I think I just want to tell someone what happened to me I want to see a therapist I keep telling my family I would like to go they don't know why though they think I'm fine I play it off well but inside I've like just had it with this ****. I want to be the person I was before this all happened I always wanted to go places do things and now I wish I could go back in time and change this. My friends aren't helping either I know these people for such a long time they are good people they just have drug problems too. Its hard to hang out with your friends and not take drugs when all of them are doing so. I really don't know where I'm getting with this just maybe some advice from someone or just knowing someone read this makes me feel a little better I've been meaning to post something for a while.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks For Your Honesty!

Hi Nicnac,
Glad to see you here! I'm sorry you're going through this, but it's temporary, so take heart. Sounds like you've made up your mind to stop the roxy-rollercoaster; coming off of the sub will require time as well.
Being honest about the problem is really a great step-can you talk to your parents about this? They may be more understanding and compassionate than you think (remember, they were young once too!).
Your friends, unfortunately, are a different story. If they're going to get high and you're hanging out with them, that could be a danger to you. You can only change YOU, not them.
And I'm sorry about your girl. But first things first. Stay away from the Rox for some time and maybe call her and tell her the whole truth.
Best of luck to you!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....

Please call the doctor who gave you the subs to find out the best way to come off them...
Old 06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey nicnac,

I'm a fellow roxy-head so I get it. Can't give you medical advice on how to get off the subs but I can tell you that people DO kick the Rox but it takes a lot of work and you're going to need some sort of support network. I'm a couple of hours away from my 30 days and couldn't have have made it this far without this site, NA, and a very supportive family, colleagues, and friends.

You also might want to check out the "Kicking the Ox" thread, you'll find great support there. I know I have.

Wishing you the best and keep us posted. You can do this.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot guys just knowing other people are out there and seem to care makes me feel a lot better. Ill keep you all updated
Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey nicnac,

I am not a professional so I am going to refrain from giving you any serious advice. All I know is that you should most definitely do the following:
- get yourself to a meeting and get a sponsor- having a support group that has been through exactly what you have and what you are about to go through will make you feel so much more secure. I know its very difficult, but the thought process and mindset that you should form during this process is obtainable and approachable with these meetings. Its all about mental toughness and if the will power is there, it is only going to grow with these meetings and the way to do it will be more clear as well.
- be strong and stay true to yourself- always
- keep us posted.

I have faith in you. And btw, im in the same position as your girlfriend except I found out the truth (over a 4 year long relationship).

You can do this. Even though it will get tough before it gets better, I am excited for the future happiness your decisions and strength will bring.