Notices

WOW I'm really an addict??

Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation WOW I'm really an addict??

hey my name is lisey . . . i'm 24 and i just got out (may 5)of prison for drugs. i've learned a lot about recovery but i never wanted to believe it. i was very against the whole idea that we are "diseased" or that i should be labeled an "addict" for the rest of my life. before i went away my favorite drug was pot, i had tried coke and pills too. i haven't even been home for a whole month yet and i have already tried the worst drugs ever . . . dope and crack. i am disgusted with myself. earlier that same day a friend of mine insisted we go to a meeting but i refused and later used. after using but while i was still high i had this like awakening kind of thing and i was like wow maybe i really am an addict and i do have a disease and meetings might really help out i know i need help
Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

Now that you have decided on your situation....I certainly hope you will get into NA recovery....

All my best as you move into a better future
Old 06-03-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Welcome Lisey!

:ghug3
Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Lisey,

Go to a meeting! I thought it was all bs until I started going to NA. The literature and therapeutic value of one addict helping another can save our lives. For a while I was just going to meetings and abstaining and after a relapse I came back into the rooms, got a sponsor and actually started working steps. It's amazing how getting a sponsor and working steps has greatly improved my life.

It's so worth it. You don't have to use drugs again, it is possible Hit up a meeting and keep going back
Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Lisey, just wanted to say that I'm sorry you were in prison, I've done jail time too and yes wow it sucks!!! Really big time, it's just horrible! Go with that epiphany you had, get yourself into NA so you never go back! Take care......
Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm glad you are here. I hope that you find the strength you need to keep working towards recovery. You've done the first step.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One way to find out if u need to be in a meeting is make the decision now to not not use again and if you do then you know you need to be there, I personally feel as if your life becomes unmanagable due to drugs you are proabably an adddict and since you said you were in prison im sure that your life has become unmanagable. It can't hurt to try a meeting taking one hour of your day to save the rest of your life seems really small. Addicts never get to retire and live in a house on the hill they lose everything and hurt all the people around them take it one day at a time and try not to use you can God Bless you