Notices

DXM addict

Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DXM addict

Hi my name is Jake V. and i am a Dextromethorphan Addict. i have been stuggling with my sobriety for 18 months now in and out of the rooms of a 12 step fellowship. I believe i am addicted to all mind altering substances but my main drug has always been Cough Medicine, DXM. ive been a part of the online DXM community for six years writing articles and all that, but now I must change things up i am desperate to stay sober. so i thought since i used to spend time with active DXM users on the net that maybe i could connect with DXM users in recovery. If you have the same affliction then please talk to me, share some of that Experience, Strength, and Hope. also i have been drug free for 34 days
Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Hey Jake,
Although never heavy into the DXM style I tried it a fews times in my youth, it never really grabbed me like opiates did. However, your in the same boat as many, if 12 step helps please keep going, if you need other things there are lots of resources out there for you and other programs.

Grats on 34 days, it is a fantastic start. It is good to get away from those other forums, it is very similar to leaving behind the party crowd for an alcholic or social drug addict.

Best of luck, and if you don't get enough response here there are some other SMART recovery forums and places where you may find more DXM addicts as well.

Good Luck,
FS
Old 05-25-2011, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with the stuff - just wanted to say welcome to SR Jake

D