Notices

How bad will I have it?

Old 05-22-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How bad will I have it?

I have been abusing for about a year now. Hydro's is what it was. I had 11 tens yesterday and just a half one today. I'm feeling edgy I suppose and gave my last pill and a half to my husband this morning. At 6pm it will be 24 hrs since my last big dose. I could take 30 a day when it was 7's. I haven't gone more then a couple days without them. I was using them for my feet then for fun and now cause the pain in my legs when not using. I can't keep doing this. How bad is my usage do you think? Will I withdraw horribly? My mind is going to want and want and want. I want to cry. I just want to be my old happy self.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Cee:

You will probably become very sick with nausea and abdominal cramps, and many get diarrhea. It is important to hydrate with as much fluids and clear soups as you can manage. Green tea is good, but avoid caffeine generally otherwise. Read back through some of the oxycodone withdrawal threads, as the hydro withdrawal I believe is similar.

Above all, have a plan for what you will do if you if you think you need help. I had the ER number and my plan right near me when I was first in withdrawal. You will not have any energy or functional ability for at least a week, if you are like most of us.

Don't hesitate to get to a doctor if you feel too awful, which is a good idea anyway, because your doctor should know what you are doing and can also give you something non narcotic to ease some of the misery.

Keep posting, keep reading, and know you are not alone out there.

Much love.

FT
Old 05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I'm feeling a bit ignored, like people are afraid to give me advice. It has been really nice to get my feelings out and letting my husband know how I feel. My legs arent hurting yet, but I feel anxious I guess. I'm so scared of what tomorrow will bring. I really want to feel positive, but then it leaves just as quickly as it comes.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're going to feel like crap for awhile. My experience was a few weeks.

The emotional part was much longer. NA & AA helped me through that.

Good luck.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not that we're afraid to Cee or that anyone was ignoring you - like we said in the other forum, it's our rules

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...guideline.html

Sharing our experience and what to expect in a general way is usually fine - but its simply in your best interests to get medical advice from a qualified professional

D
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Stay hydrated ! Ibuprofen helped me once I could keep it down.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try not to stress it so much it makes it worse for me. Lots of water immodium and be willing to get medical help if need be. I don't like when newcomers feel ignored my advice would be is don't ask medical ?s and be specific. There's a few threads about withdrawing check them out. Good Luck You can do this
Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're gonna feel like garbage for a long time. The main thing that helped me (and I relapsed more times than I can count) is going into it with the mindset that you know you're going to feel like garbage. Going from 11 to 1/2 in one day is a drastic jump, so your w/d's are going to be intense and frighten you (especially if you've never been through an opiate withdrawal).

Unfortunately, it takes too long to feel like your "old happy self". That's the toughest part. I'm only 6 months off a very similar story to yours and I still have alot in my life that I want to improve on, but I'm more content with where I'm at now rather than when I was high. Life is alot less chaotic, and every week that goes by I feel slightly better.

Think of it this way, you basically abused your body for a year, so it takes a long time to get back to normal.

Hope this helps and good luck