Notices

One week Sober!!

Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week Sober!!

Woah!! Record, I believe. I have one week sober of ALL drugs I do.. Weed, cocaine, Crack, pills, etc. and I feel GOOD! I had the chance a while ago to do Crack but I swear to you all on my grave I chose not to. I passed my test, and Icouldve done it since next test wont be until next month.. but nah, I'd rather not. And I feel good cause If I had done it, I would regret it and feel depress. Thank you god for giving me the strength to just say NO! I feel good and happy!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you passed your test - I really hope this can be the start of a new life for you TheViper

D
Old 05-20-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Way to go man!! Keep it up, you're making the right choice.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ans

Awesome!!!! Congrads
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Viper))) - VERY glad to hear this!!! Keep up the good work!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-22-2011, 12:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I REALLY hate this! I slept at 12, woke up at 1, bad dream. Went back to sleep woke up 2 hours later right now at 3. I wanna go back to sleep, but Damn these bad dreams are really rough on me :/ IT SUCKS!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey Viper,

Enormous hugs to you!

It's not easy, but it's worth it.

You know, there are going to be all kinds of changes getting clean.

When I got clean, I believed deep in my heart that I needed to stop using come hell or high water, so I let everything that needed to happen just happen. I had to give up fighting. At the end of my using career, I came off of heroin, methadone and sleeping pills, and because I still felt too ashamed to ask for help and I really didn't understand what a big beast I was dealing with, I detoxed off of everything by myself from my bed. It was no joke, but the experience has come to be one of the most important and amazing beginnings of my life.

It really took time for my body to heal. My sleep was irregular for the first months off of drugs. My first sponsor told me, "you'll sleep eventually." They were right. I sleep better now than I had since my teens. I allowed myself to take naps, and I tried to stopped stressing myself out about things that I really couldn't control.

I made the decision to see every symptom that happened as an accomplishment, one less thing I would ever have to do again, a small price to pay for a chance at getting my life back, and another stepping stone to freedom. When I was desperate enough on that first day, I started praying for help. I'll promise you this: even without an established conception of a power greater than myself at that time, prayer helped.

You are doing the most important thing you possibly could, living the early days of a miracle. This is life and death stuff, make no mistake about it. Seeking help from those that know how to get free and stay free helped me find my ticket to staying stopped. There's a lot to be learned.

I'm proud of you for where you are today. I've been there too. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, and don't give up.

In the words of Winston Churchill, "When you're going through hell, keep going."

SIU :ghug3
Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is a great post steppingitup

the biggest thign for me and what really took me a while to get over the hump. i could put a week, 2 weeks, a month together like it was nothing. what would get me every freaking time, i call it the creep up lol. it's not instant. it's not gradual, but eventually, the dope dreams start happening and you don't instantly say "STOP". you start getting a tad bit more anxious than normal. pay day is a few days ago and while you aren't stressing out over it, you haven't said what you were going to do with the money.. you know what you are going to do with the money. in short, slowly accept that you are going to relapse before you ever released. you'd get paid and next thing you know without thinking about it you are at wal mart buying brillo.

everyday you have to do sort of a cleaning out process to get all those thoughts and things out your mind. if you have some money coming in, know exactly what you are going to spend it on, have it documented. have a game plan. i would do things like instinctively not make my schedule for the next day (Because i knew in the back of my mind i would be smoking crack all day lol, though i would never come out and admit it)
Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hugs good for you!! I hear you on the bad dreams they sux. You getting using dreams? I still get those sometimes but way less now.