Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

day 20 with no percs but having trouble staying away from suboxone

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is my 20th day without percocet now but my anxiety is through the roof. Any tips? (Not medical advice just things that have worked for you while withdrawing) I'm exercising, eating right, getting plenty of sleep, and taking supplements and still just absolutely drained and consumed by anxiety. Seeing my doctor for a follow up on meds but $#@!, nothing's helping. I only took the percs for 6 months regularly. Over the past 3 weeks I've taken little pieces of suboxone 3 or 4 times, it's the only thing I can do to keep from losing my mind. Can you guys give me anything to look forward to, help make the light at the end of the tunnel a little brighter maybe?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Counselling helped me a lot with anxiety John, as did deep breathing from the diaphragm, but that's a skill that takes time to learn, like anything

We have a forum here for anxiety with a lot of helpful sticky posts as well

Anxiety Disorders - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Not sure where the subs came from but I think you're always better off seeing your Dr than self medicating.

D