Notices

Crazy Life...

Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ans

Crazy Life...

I need some insight.. Here it is: My brother and I got into some legel trouble ( based around drugs). He was sentenced to a Lockdown rehab center. I got sentenced to probation. At this point he is doing good, and I am as well.. But the court won't let me visit, talk to him or write him. We are really close, been through a lot together. I feel like crap because I can't commuicate with him. The rest of my family acts like it isn't a big deal and they seem to think I will hinder his recovery. But he also lives in the same house as I do, and upon release will live here. What could their reason be for not letting us have any type of commuication.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BHF

I know it's not what you want to hear, but just let it go until he gets back from treatment. The Court obviously thought that he had issues to deal with that were greater than those faced by you, so they ordered him to treatment.

I'm sure that he wants to speak to you as well, being a sibling, but let him focus on the reason he's there. The two of you can get caught up when he's back.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

How will the courts agree to his returning home if you're there and you're not permitted contact? I'm curious -- I've witnessed situations like this where the parolee had to find another place to live because s/he was prohibited from fraternizing.

Why would it be prohibited? I don't know what the laws are in your state, but here, the concern is recidivism. If you've conspired together to commit a crime, the courts may feel you'd do so again. Here, if you're on parole, you are prohibited from fraternizing with anyone else also on parole. I don't know if it applies to probation.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ans

Honestly I been thinking the samething. I just needed someone else to say it too. I do want him to work on his problems and his recovery. He was still using when he was sentenced. I had a few months clean at that point. I am just so excited to hear his new outlook on life!! I'm also happy he is getting help not only for addiction but for some other things he has went through in the past few years. The people that do get to talk and see him tell me how good his doing. I guess being to older sister and also blaming myself for some of our problems I would like to hear and see it myself. But your right we will have the rest of our lifes to talk once he is out! Thank you!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ans

So far my probation officer has told me that himself and my brothers parole officer have agreed as long as I do well for how ever long he is in treatment (he has been gone 3 months now) and they clear our house that he can live here when he is released. His parole officer also said that he isn't saying, I won't be able to visit or talk to him, but that right now is too soon. That my brother has issues he needs to work out himself not with my help.