Notices

is he trying

Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is he trying

Ok so my bf (currently ex?) Anyway he &as been smoking crack for about a year but not like everyday which it don't matter smoking is smoking but he just recently got pretty bad off. I kicked him out almost two moths ago and it got way worse . Well he got really bad and I caught him smoking Friday two days after he got out of detox I flipped and have not been speaking to him. I finally spoke to him about stuff tday and he basically says he wants to drink 1 beer and we all know where one beer leads and he wants to smoke a joint but not as much as he use to which dnt get me wrong I've never bass big problem with the weed im just worried that that will lead to other stuff dies it even sound like he is trying? or am I reading to much into this? Im trying to figure out if it is worth me even wqiting to see if he changes. We have kids together and I have to speak to him regardless and I love him so much but I'm tired of hurting over him. Anyone recovered care to give some imput? id really like to hear what an addict has to say rather than a family member bc yall ha(e been in his shoes not mine Ty
Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Hi If he still wants to drink and smoke weed - plain and simple he is not ready for true recovery. Recovery is not replacing one thing for another, I have experience with that for 11 years now. Until he makes the commitment for HIMSELF and only himself, he needs to want this 110%. Since he clearly isn't ready, I would say you are doing the right thing by protecting your children first and foremost. He will change when he wants to change, only then recovery will be found when he is ready to work for recovery. I am sorry you are in such a sh*t position. I am sure others will be on later this morning with some more input.

-Jess
Old 05-17-2011, 02:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are not reading too much into this.

Set your boundaries, and stick to them. It should be zero tolerance IMHO, zero alcohol, zero weed, zero mind altering substances of any kind. Even if it is prescribed (it is real easy to get a Dr. to write you a script, and too many of them do).

I am not sure why you didn't want to hear from a F&F member, there is a ton of experience, strength and hope there.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

J wanted everyone to know i didnt mean any offense tue f&f is great I was just wanting to have some feed back from someone who knows first hand but advise and comments from anyoje is ok too I didnt mean to sound like a um bit**! I dnt wlways word things j right sorry about that