Notices

Relapse Help.....

Old 05-08-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse Help.....

I was clean and sober for 9 1/2 years going to AA meetings. I went to the doctor for a bad knee and left with a script for 30 Oxycodones. I work a very hard job on my knees and these were magic beans as they made me feel wonderful and cut the pain by 80%. Oxycodone became my higher power.1 pill a day turned to two, then four and all way to the point where I took 24 in a single day last week, and followed that day up with 20. I wake up at 4am everyday and pop 6 10mg oxycodones. I am blown away by my inability to even show any restraint. I don't want to be a person that has to take 30 pills a day just to function. And lie, cheat and steal to everybody that has the unfortune to cross my path. So I came clean and told everybody that I relapsed on pain pills and that they became the most important thing in my life. I told my doctor and he gave me enough to wean off by taking 4 for 4 days and then 3 for 4 days and 2 and then 1. I am in day 5 and have doing pretty good as my girlfriend gives me my pills everyday I have done good as I so want to be off pills for good. I went to my homegroup meeting last Tuesday and told them all that I'm a liar and a drug addict and have been for 1 1/2 years.
I have been reading this site for days and have enjoyed it and it has helped me bigtime. Thanks Failedtaper as I am exactly as you describe in so many ways.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum, PC...Congratulations on taking the first step and admitting that you have a problem. Have you considered rehab? It is a tough choice to make, but if you go into it sincerely wanting to get off of the pills, they should be able to help you and to hook you up with a plan for when you leave. Best of luck!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Pillchaser,

I answered your post on the other thread you posted to, so I'll leave it there.

Keep posting here. Lots of support on this forum.

FT
Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep an open line of communication with your physicians is my best advice. There are so many more therapies now for pain management that do not include narcotics and a good doctor will direct you but that honesty will get you the farthest. Congratulations on taking that first step!

Welcome. I am so glad you are here.