Notices

Help

Old 05-06-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

Ok, I'm really in dire straits here and am just TIRED of this ********. My own ********, that is. I really do desperately want help and want my life back, but I can't do it on my own and I don't know where to start. Let me explain my situation. I'm as of yesterday broke and out of a job, with no real job opprotunities as I'm a high school dropout without a GED and the job I did have was a true gift. I have been kicked out of my home and have no familial support whatsoever. I have stolen thousands of dollars from my mother, a lot of it very recently, and the constant pain and stress I've caused her has lead her to completely give up and have no desire whatever to help me in any way. She has once and for all decided to cut ties completely, meaning she nor any other family member is willing to support me in any way, financially or otherwise, in regards to my recovery. I am currently staying with my friend and her mother and stepfather who have been gracious enough to give me their couch but are not aware of my drug use nor of the fact that I've lost my job. I am supposed to be here temporarily until I find an apartment. They are not close family friends and they have no obligation to me whatsoever nor do I expect anything more than what they're already going out of their way to do. I wouldn't want a jobless destitute drug addict who I barely know leeching off me and especially having any involvement with my child, so I'm avoiding bringing all of this up to them. I don't know what to do at all. I just want help. My mother said she would drop me off at one of the state mental hospitals Monday but that isn't what I need. And then what after that? I just need some guidance and some support. If anyone has any advice as to what I can do or at least some kind of starting point, I would really appreciate it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

The Salvation Army has free inpatient rehab.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Eyeball))) - welcome to SR!! (((Smacked)) has a good point...check out Salvation Army. I had to hit bottom by living on the streets, eventually getting locked up, put into a type of work-release situation where I got a job and had to pay RENT to be locked up, but it helped me out a lot.

I'm sure things seem pretty dismal right now, but once we decide we really want recovery, start doing whatever it takes, we usually find away. May not be what we want, but we were always pretty smart about getting our dope, we just have to put all that focus on recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Smacked and Impurrfect. At this point, it might be really good to try the Salvation Army and jump into a rehab program they might offer. If they don't have space they may give you some ideas.