Notices

Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body

Old 05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body

My old physical fitness coach in HS football used to tell us that. Even after all my years in the military I never really understood or believed that statement until now. It's only been 7 days, but each day, hour, minute that passes, I'm getting stronger and stronger. The pain I feel, that's my bodies battle with the opiate demon, and guess what? The opiates haven't realized who they've messed with! Every minute that goes by is like a round in the ring with Ali for those damn pills! Soon, like my friend JuiceMan, I'll have TKO'd this beast. I know my words will **** some of you off, but for others like myself, I hope you find some motivation in these words!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle
Old 05-06-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

What dont kill ya, makes ya stronger.

Well done, and great attitude!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Whatever works! Glad you're doing well.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stimmed View Post
What dont kill ya, makes ya stronger.

Well done, and great attitude!
Thanks Stimmed! I love the fact that I'll wake up tomorrow and feel even better than I do today! Annnnnnnd, Don't Stop Believin' just came on, nice timing!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

I dont have any persanal exp' of sub' abuse, just the drink, and full on. I can relate tho to waking up tomorrow feeling great, its priceless. I know a lot of drug abusers who are clean... and i tell you... they are happy people, in the sense they kicked it at least.

Keep it up and have/get back the life that some dont have... sh*t man some dont make it outta the womb even, how lucky are we?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dont have any persanal exp' of sub' abuse, just the drink, and full on. I can relate tho to waking up tomorrow feeling great, its priceless. I know a lot of drug abusers who are clean... and i tell you... they are happy people, in the sense they kicked it at least.

Keep it up and have/get back the life that some dont have... sh*t man some dont make it outta the womb even, how lucky are we?
Ain't that the truth! By the way, it's unbelievable how much energy I have, don't tell my wife, the Honey Do list will grow! Speaking of, just made an awesome deal with her. If I reach my fitness goal by July 22nd (Captain America comes out) I get to get my half sleeve tattoo I've wanted!!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Pfff i dont have to tell your wife man, she'll see it!

Tattoo's? heh i once tatoo'ed Jason and the Argonauts skelli on a dudes arm 25yrs ago, let me do it, cant beat old school!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pfff i dont have to tell your wife man, she'll see it!

Tattoo's? heh i once tatoo'ed Jason and the Argonauts skelli on a dudes arm 25yrs ago, let me do it, cant beat old school!
I'd rather die before I let an Englishmen tattoo the Captain on my arm!! Haha! JK!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Racist fekk!

Heh keep those spirits up, your gonna need em when after you shell out those dollars!

Wots with Cap America anyhow, is it a withdrawl symptom perhaps?

Lay it on me Mr wit ;-)
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Yeah I made it a personal war on opiates. This just in...I don't lose. The opiates didn't stand a chance and I can tell that you already have made your mind up to. Because no matter what anyone here says..."ITS A CHOICE." And I choose to not let opiates win. Will power is #1 in a battle.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Racist fekk!

Heh keep those spirits up, your gonna need em when after you shell out those dollars!

Wots with Cap America anyhow, is it a withdrawl symptom perhaps?

Lay it on me Mr wit ;-)
I'm still shocked that Princess William married a girl!! You should check out the comic book character Union Jack, Cap's British buddy! His outfit is actually pretty badass! They should wear that outside Buckingham instead of the fuzzy hats!!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thejuiceman View Post
Yeah I made it a personal war on opiates. This just in...I don't lose. The opiates didn't stand a chance and I can tell that you already have made your mind up to. Because no matter what anyone here says..."ITS A CHOICE." And I choose to not let opiates win. Will power is #1 in a battle.
I would honestly rather start my hair on fire and put it out with an axe than take a pain pill! The thought hasn't crossed my mind since the day I quit. How could I crave something that does so much harm! Also, this has been a nice addition, but I've been tobacco free (chew) for the same amount of time and haven't missed that for a second either. Right now is a good time to invest in toilet paper as I'm still going through all that, but slept in a dry environment for first time!!!! Boom, WINNING!!!