Notices

Still in Here

Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still in Here

I am still hanging in here, and trying to believe i am making progress, off the opiate struggle. I am so thankful for the support from everyone. The not wanting to do anything is so hard, head feeling like cream of wheat, and not being able to sleep still with me. Smoking a little too much. Anyway praying for a better day today, than yesterday for us all
Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you R making progress.......wonderful progress! keep hanging in there, it does get better
Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

It does get better my friend Just keep hanging in there and don't give up. You are doing great. Sleep was the last thing for me to get back honestly and was one of the hardest things for me to deal with next to the horrible mind f*** opiates have on my mind.

I'm over here rooting for you - you can do this!!

-Jess
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you for your support, I needed it. My body is still feeling like it is rocking on the inside, tell me if this is normal. thank you very much
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

Hi sickgirl,

I've been gone all day, and I just saw your post.

Yeah the stomach. One of the parts of us we feel the most in detoxing ourselves. My insides did not feel right for at least the first two months. None of the pipes seemed to be working right at all. Rocking? I don't know. I think we all describe our feelings differently, from our perspective. I just remember feeling the worst when I was trying to sleep at night, I felt every gurgle, every stomach cramp, every gas bubble that would NOT pass. (sorry to be so graphic) The insomnia and racing thoughts were awful, and the restless legs, restless body made me feel like I had ants crawling all over my skin.

Just remember that when you are trying to figure out what is normal, if you are truly concerned about a symptom in withdrawal, always ask your doc if it is something too weird. But, for most of us, our bodies don't feel like our own for awhile.

Everything right now is raw, hard nerves. You will smell, taste, hear, feel, everything now, because you are no longer "anesthetised" from your environment. The sensory overload will pass. You sound like you are doing great, going through the usual stuff.

Hang in there, kiddo. This too shall pass.

FT
Old 05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

You are doing great!! It is so awesome to be able to come to a place and find out that you are not alone! All the crappy feelings FT mentioned (I like to call them bubble guts!) and the sweating, my god!!! For the record, I am smelling things I didn't know existed until now!!! Keep up the good work, everyday for me is better than the last, that for me, is worth getting up in the morning!!

Last edited by SgtFCAmerica; 05-05-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Ended a sentence with a proposition
Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....days do make a difference ..glad you are moving forward