Notices

Good God, When does it end?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good God, When does it end?

Well, kiddos, I am 4 weeks clean off the oxy train. Was taking 10-20, 30 mgs pills a day. I would think after 4 weeks I would be better, but alas, I am not. I STILL fight to sleep, sometimes the leg kicks come back, I still have no energy, and to top it off my mind is still mush. WTF? When does it end?
Oh well, I still have 4 weeks clean. Keep up the good fight everybody, because it IS a hard fight.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't leave before the good stuff your almost there. It is a hard fight but well worth it. Keep coming back your doing great
Old 05-03-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't quit five minutes before the miracle happens.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

My friend, you were doing a lot. Congrats on your determination and will to quit. 4 weeks is about when I started to feel "good" again. Insomnia for me lasted on and off til about week 6. Soon, you will be good, I promise. DO NOT for any reason quit this and go back to that crap, because you are SOOO CLOSSEEE! Week 6 or 7 my energy came back and every two weeks after that I would get more and more energy. I am five months in and feel like I have more energy now than EVER! Its awesome.

Keep fighting and dont let anyone tell you different. It IS a fight...and you are winning.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I see you have Harley in ur aviator name. If you are
a Harley rider like my husband and I are, you will
Love Love riding in the wind, open air, and sun on
you bike FREE from addiction.

It is a feeling like no other as we both know for ourselves.

With 20 yrs sober, at 50 I learned to ride a bike and got my
endorsement, but love love love riding passanger with my
husband on our Road King.

Sobriety is not only staying sober but living sober and helping
others that still suffer from addiction by sharing our own ESH-
experiences, strengths and hope of what it was like before during
and after addiction.

Riding in recovery is extremely exillerating.

Hope you can enjoy it as much as we do.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations Harleybobber!! Your doing great!! Just give it some time. You should start feeling a bit better soon. Remember you took the pills a lot longer than 4 weeks right? Give your body a chance to get into sync again. I know we want to feel better like yesterday, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

If your concerned maybe a visit to your Doctor is in order? Hang in there Harley! Thanks for the update, been wondering how you were making out.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been home now for a week and have put a little over a thousand miles on my bikes since then. It's the only thing that gets me through the night. I usually roll out at 10 or so at night when I can't sleep and ride untill I'm exhausted. I can't stand this feeling like shite, no energy, brain mush crap. It's been a month now for christs sake. It is driving me batty!! Ithink I actually felt a little better last week, but since Sunday, no dice. Same old B.S. I have to get off my tail and get a job, but it's hard enough to take a shower and get dressed in the A.M. God I swear I'm going to drink myself ******** one of these nights just so I can pass out and sleep 8 hrs.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To drink and stop, to stop and drink or take
pills off and on....that's the insanity of addiction.
That's the roller coaster riders and merry-go-rounds
that we get on and can't get off of and our bodies
and minds know no other way to function than that
craziness.

Having support from others that have gone thru what
u r going thru will gladly help you and carry thru the
rough part till you are able to stand on ur own so you
wont have to go thru recovery alone.

Learn about addiction of drugs and alcohol and how it
affects us and use a recovery program to get healthy
makes for a solid recovery life for yrs to come.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't give up the fight eventually it gets easier - you have to consider the amount of time you spent doing the drugs - your body and mind need to rejuvenate.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

God bless you Opi, 'tis good to hear from you. I have considered going to a doc to talk. No insurance. Don't know if Suboxine would help, but I am at my wits end. I need to get the hell out of the house and get a job. I'm a Ford certified master, but can't get off my tail. Gaaah, when does it end?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, I'm still haging in there. I actually slept about 6 hours last night and today is one of the better days. I was able to get up at 8, shower and shave and was out of the house running errands until 1. That's progress for me.
TO everyone out there struggling, keep at it.To anyone thinking about quiting, do it. It's gonna suck for a while, but in the end, it'll be worth it. To everyone that quit and has gotten their life back, congrats and enjoy. God Bless.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Hang in their bud, Lord knows I have a long way to go, but it will get better each day! For me, first thing I do is drink some Jack3D (pre work out drink) and hit the gym. Turn on some loud music and do some good for my body. Each inch I run, each rep I complete, i imagine blasting all the poison out of my system. It's quite liberating. I have begun to treat my body as a temple instead of an amusement park. I truly believe that has been the reason for my quicker recovery (thank the Lord). I now look at what I put into my body as fuel and only put in things that will benefit me (ok, some twizzlers nibs now and then, my fav ). Finding something to focus on and short and long term goals will go A LONG WAY! Keep it up!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Harley-Hang in there brother it does get better..I too took opiates for about 6 years and am now 73 days into recovery and there is still some tough days but fight threw it bc it does get better little by little...Keep fighting and posting
Old 05-05-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sgt. that's funny. That's what I always say. I treated my body like an amusement park. Now the ride is over and I'm getting off the roller coaster. Keep up the good fight everybody! If I can, than you can. I am nobody special and If I can do it, so can ya'll.