Notices

I made it to day 11 off percocet

Old 04-29-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made it to day 11 off percocet

Hi all,

What a week...but I didn't use.

Symptoms:
Still needing immodium--how long will that one last???
Feel very restless, like I have to shake my foot all the time
Emotions UP and DOWN on a dime
Realizing that I have an incredibly low threshold for discomfort--physical and emotional
Starting to see how my addiction behavior may have impacted others
Recognizing me again, from way before this ********
Feel anxious about the possible damage I may have done to my liver and kidneys

I don't really feel normal but I see it on the horizon. How long will it take?

Hope everyone is well and keeping it simple and in the day.

Not much time right now--crazy seven year old girls running around causing mischief. The lack of time thing....I have to figure that one out for my recovery. I've strayed so far from self-care and self-love.

Peace.

Laurie
Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi LaurieC and welcome!

Check out some of the other threads with lots of posts from different people about the withdrawal symptoms. You are welcome there too. I can't post much now, but will be thinking about you. You are doing great to make it to week one, and it will be hard, but easier than this past week was. It took me a couple three weeks to get over the stomach cramps.

FT
Old 04-29-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Hey LC, you sound well and upbeat. I was looking for you on the other thread the other day so I'm glad to hear from you.

Today is my first day without the pills and I'm just really feeling lousy. Sleep deprived as all hell. How many days until you started to feel better?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey FNB3,

Honestly, I didn't start feeling "okay" until about day 5, and even then, it wasn't a consistent feeling. I was doing a lot of pills--I can't remember your daily dosage--but I was doing up to 200-300 mg per day depending on my mood and the availability of drugs.

I stayed in bed for basically 3 days straight--did not go to work--and had a friend stay with me to take care of me and the kids. I used the phone and cried ALOT with my very small network of friends who actually knew what was going on with me.

Stay strong if you can. It is so damn hard. Message me if you would like to have a conversation.

Laurie
Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One Day Atta Time--Good Going!

Laurie,
Everything you feel is what o/p withdrawals are supposed to feel like and as far as how long it will take to get past this stage is up to your body. My line of thinking is if I am able to sit up and write on this board, then it ain't so bad. Your body became used to you supplying the chemicals it is supposed to make - it's an addiction. So now your body has to start making those chemicals again.
It's hard but hang in there. I am on 15 days and TODAY I have no intention of taking any o/p's, regardless of wanting to jump out of the nearest window.
Keep going!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 4 here for me..My body is feeling a bit better..It is the lack of sleep and my mind I wish I could shut off for a bit..Hang in there..You are not alone!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

when you quit...you might not realize it but you have all this energy. you can take the energy and make something positive out of it. It seems like you have, calling people etc. Try doing new things you've never done and you may find new avenues to travel down during your new life in sobriety. All I can say is, when you're in active addiction, it's almost as if you're never in the present moment. The more you become clean the more you realize this is the purpose and beauty of life. I can tell you I'm 30 days clean right now. I went on an oxy binge for almost 3 months, but I was self medicating before with marijuana for a few years. But I digress, I'm not sure if this applies to you but it did to me, it was basic but I had never realized. Happiness is never something you can "get" but only something you can be. We're all human beings which means we have the power of presence, awareness, and being.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Talking

Congats Laurie with today being your 12th day right? That's awesome!! Keep up the wonderful work, we are all here rooting for you!

Congrats Tivo on the 4 days, you're almost over the worst of it. Stay strong We're rooting for you as well!!

Bearington - Congrats on your 30 days Awesome!! Thanks for sharing, stay strong!!

FN3 - Stay strong, you can DO this!! Good luck to you.

Rooting for all of you out there!!! If anyone ever needs to talk, feel free to message me - I can be a great listener, I will respond back quickly

-Jess

Last edited by iliveforyou; 04-30-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: forgot to add someone :)