Notices

Meth is qiuckly bringing me death!....

Old 04-26-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Meth is qiuckly bringing me death!....

I am a 48 yr old lesbian female , I have been using meth on and off for the last almost twenty yrs! During that time I had my Psych. Nursing lic. revoked, went to jail had a half a dozen felonies and other chgs. I definately am not getting any younger, the only thing I am greatful for is the fact I stoped using meth I.V. 5 yrs ago. I am powerless over my meth addiction, and am looking to N.A. for tools and suggestions to overcome my addiction.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, my dear lady......why, why, why....please stop.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome GNDRBNDR209

You'll find a lot of support here
Welcome!

D
Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Welcome. Have you tried attending meetings?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel for you....or with you. I'm also a IV meth addict. Everyday for 5 years straight. I don't really have a easy answer for you because I know how hard it is. I started my step one in jail. I was there for 3 months! Now if that isn't powerlessness over my life I don't know what is. Although I hated every minute of it, I am grateful now. I'm almost 8 months clean today. It took almost 6 months to get my head out of that cloud that doesn't let you see your consequences. Just do it for today. I have to do this also because I struggle with my addiction everyday. Please go to a meeting. AA or NA either one will help you spiritually. And keep going back because it does work! One day at a time! Remember you are worthy of a healthy body and a healthy life!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

freebyrd....well done on your progress....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

G209

Try going to 90 meetings in 90 days and try not to use inbetween that's what they told me.

They also said if I continued to use they had 3 places they would promise I would end up at and that is Jails, Institutions, or Death

There is always hope as long as we are breathing
Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
July 8, 2011

i know how hard it is to get over the meth iv use....its a horrible horrible feeling and so hard to over come.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

go to meetings. get a sponsor. keep coming back. if it seems strange its cause it is the steps save lives
Old 04-23-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I overcame crack, and alcohol. Meth was the drug that landed me in rehab. Im so glad I figured out that I cldnt beat it alone. Im on day 23 clean!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rosa84 View Post
I overcame crack, and alcohol. Meth was the drug that landed me in rehab. Im so glad I figured out that I cldnt beat it alone. Im on day 23 clean!
Keep going! Admitting you cannot do it alone is a huge step. If we could, there would be less drug addicts out there! It's the simple fact that we CAN'T do it alone, which is the very root of Step 1...we are powerless over our addiction.

That's where Step 2 comes in- because we are powerless, we need a power greater than ourselves to help us, since us alone cannot keep ourselves clean. Once we come to believe that a power greater than ourselves can help us, we can truly begin working the program.

I struggled with Steps 1, 2 and 3 the most. God was a hard concept for me to grasp. I saw God in the rooms, in the Fellowship, in other people. I believed I could be helped but I wasn't sure how. I held onto blind faith because if other people could do it, why couldn't I. And that kept me clean in the beginning stages of my recovery - everyone is worth it.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm family and a former tweaker too. You are NOT alone and I know very well what it's like to keep descending into that madness no matter what the consequences.

My needs have changed over the years. I actually started off with CMA which has a similar concept (12 step/12 trad) but it was extraordinarily helpful because it didn't have the "Don't mention any specific drugs" rules, and at the time I really needed to hear honest sharing about the whack stuff that is "just normal" in the life of a tweaker. I needed stronger identification and some of that stuff was too shameful for me to open up about until I heard it in the rooms. Then I was like, oh wow. Everyone does that at some point or another in their sordid using "career" or it's just "another yet" as they say. (something that hasn't happened "yet.")

After a time though I decided that I really wanted to do step work and now I do enjoy the environment of NA (and specifically, not getting into specifics about the destitution of the disease ... focusing on the solution instead)

Have you had any exposure to a 12-step program or is this your first time looking into it? I can't post links yet but there is a meeting and helpline # locator on NA's web page.

(I think I should also add that I conceded my defeat to that specific drug many years ago, but it took me a much longer time to realize that other drugs and alcohol were also not doing me any favors. Alcohol has actually ended up being the hardest thing to let go of, and that shocks me.)
Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Btw, please stick around and keep posting. I would like to get to know you! I was nuts as a bunny and if I can get better so can you. As long as you're still here you're not too far gone.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

And argh now I can post links, but I can't edit that post.

Meeting locator, and local help lines can be found here: NAWS : Find a meeting

If you can provide a zip code I can try to find some resources in your area.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

as someone new to sobriety, with meth also being my DOC, im going to parrot some of the above replies.. Going to meetings, especially CMA if it is available near you is a really great way to start. I recently got a sponsor and have been told to listen more than to share and if something speaks to me during a meeting to talk to that person afterwards, even if its just to say thanks I really identified with what youre saying. its so hard talking to new people and being comfortable with myself while maintaining sobriety, finding these people and networking with them has brought a new level to my sobriety- someone is holding me accountable for my actions. the fellowship is great because its a we not me program. its a lot to swallow at once and as meth users we usually seek instant gratification, with that I'd say just keep going. eventually something will click, someone will reach out, and you will begin to find the meaning that you need. you have already started with admitting that theres a problem so you are already ahead of the curve! have faith in whatever suits your fancy- it will help you find the right way
Old 12-18-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a rather old thread - but welcome to SR recoveryseeker

D
Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

meth is bad
Old 03-25-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You CAN do this!! We are all rooting for you. Meth wants to kill you. God has kept you alive for a reason. Don't give up. You got this.