Notices

Not happy

Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not happy

I want to slap the doctor who pushed and pushed and talked me into taking anti depressants- I have gained 30 pounds on this s*** and NOW I am depressed about the weight gain. I look and feel like s*** and cannot stand to run into anyone I have not seen in a long time- it's embarrassing. My doctor just insisted and insists still that very few people gain weight and so on, and that it's rare for it to be more than 5 or ten pounds and pretty much acts like she doesn't believe me. She's a skinny wench, like 105 lbs- seriously. I wish she'd listen the f*** UP and HEAR ME! I know what I'm talking about and this is exactly why I did not want to take tis s***- it has f***ed up my metabolism. I am so through with it and I have read all over the internet about people like me who are sad and upset about getting really fat on this stuff. I have to go see the doctor today- I only hope there is some kind of poetic justice and someday she suffers and nobody will believe her. She's a condescending b**** who doesn't seem to know a whole lot and always tells me I know more than the other patients and blah blah blah- I like to know the details- you don't f*** around with synthetic brain chemicals.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have to see the dr. today- and I am telling her I'm through with the zoloft. I just hope my metabolism isn't permanently messed up.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

My experience has been that some anti-depressants have caused weight gain for me but others have not. What I do when I am having side effects from any medication including anti-depressants is call my doctor immediately and let them know what is going on so we can change my recovery/treatment plan. If a doctor is unwilling to work as a team and hear me in my treatment then I find a doctor who will. I am a partner in my treatment and make sure I have a big say in what medications that are put in my body.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is my last week on them! I feel better already. Hopefully my body's metabolism will return to normal.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I'm a 42 year old guy who's doctor has recently put on Lithium. Possible side effect...hair loss, like I really need help there!!! However, at the end of the day, if it helps, I guess I'll go bald. Bald is sexy!! Right ladies?!! Right??
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well then, fat is sexy... right guys? Right?! And old and grey?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I'm sure there some ladies who find bald sexy. I know there are some guys who find fat to be sexy. I really think most of it comes from inside and feeling comfortable with yourself. Now just because I say this doesn't mean that I am anywhere near being comfortable with myself. I could have a lush full head of hair and 6 pack abs and still find things that make me undesirable. That's something I need to work on.

I do know that I'm not going to stop taking something that has the potential to help me just because it makes me bald or fat. Either of those options are better than dead. I don't know if your situation is as serious as that, but mine is. I'm tired of trips to the hospital because I want to kill myself. So if bald is what I have to be, so be it. I've also put on 20 lbs in the past 3 weeks, probably from the various meds, but I'm working out regularly, and though it doesn't seem to be helping me lose weight, it is making me feel better. Take care.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Zoloft? It makes a lot of people lose weight. I take it and haven't noticed any weight gain. I can sure tell a big difference when I don't take it though!!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well good for you but it made ME fat. And that really gets me down. I never would have said anything here if I knew people weer going to make it all about them.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And, it isn't a contest- but yeah, I tried to kill myself and landed in a nightmare of a state hospital. So thanks for making it a contest. Whatever. Drugs got me into the hospital because they were poorly handled by a doctor. And I don't believe shoving more meds down my throat is the answer to life for me. So maybe my situation isn't serious enough- thanks for degrading my feelings though- that will teach me to share again. Well done. You win. I am ashamed for having said anything at all. Hope you feel better.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Misanthrope

I have had the same problem with my meds since they were changed after my hospitalization, right after I was losing weight finally too. I'm not sure what to do about it either. But I do feel you there.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And, it isn't a contest- but yeah, I tried to kill myself and landed in a nightmare of a state hospital. So thanks for making it a contest. Whatever. Drugs got me into the hospital because they were poorly handled by a doctor. And I don't believe shoving more meds down my throat is the answer to life for me. So maybe my situation isn't serious enough- thanks for degrading my feelings though- that will teach me to share again. Well done. You win. I am ashamed for having said anything at all. Hope you feel better.

Wow..People sharing THEIR thoughts and THEIR experiences does not make it all about an attack on you. Side effects are temporary..alot of prescriptions must be tapered down and not just STOPPED without checking with your doctor first.