Notices

Almost overdosed on alcohol and wellburtin

Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost overdosed on alcohol and wellburtin

Over a yr. ago, I once almost overdosed drinking between 4-6 beers and ingesting between 20-30 XL wellburtin tablets. To this day I don't know how I survived, I've never had taken wellburtin before that night and Im a petite person. It has pretty much ruined a couple relationships between a few people because of it and to this day I regret it. Ended up in hospital for a few days

A few months ago, under the influence of alcohol I had taken 8 tylenol extra strength PM ylenol and some vodka/orange juice. Then a few nights later, I had taken 14 extra strength PM tylenol. I happened to go to ER but didnt get stomach pumped.

Now some of my fingers are looking yellowish and I don't know if it had to anything with that. I no longer smoke and when I was a smoker, it was a few years and smoked cigerettes occassionally

I'm currently seeing a cousnelor for my issues
Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi SarahBear:

Tylenol is considered toxic if you ingest more that 4 grams in a day, according to the medical literature. That's easy to Google, so maybe you know that. So, the 14 tablets would come out to 7 grams in a one time dose. The ER may not have considered that a toxic risk for you if your liver was otherwise healthy.

If your fingers are looking yellowish, you should see a doctor. Jaundice is often the most visible in the whites of the eyes, and I'm not sure how long it would take to become visible in the nail beds.

I hope you are avoiding liver toxic stuff like that now. Of course, alcohol is in that category.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm glad you survived too....

I agree ...seeing your doctor and being honest is the wisest move.
Please let us know what the professional says.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
what is going on in your life that drinking and taking handfuls of pills seems a good idea???? are you ready to look at your drug/alcohol intake? some bad stuff has happened to you lately........
Yeah Its personal and rather not discuss it openly on the forum
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are posting Sarahbear. And also happy that you are seeing a counsellor. Whatever pain you are going through, you seem to be taking healthy steps to deal with it.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SarahBear View Post
Yeah Its personal and rather not discuss it openly on the forum
discuss it or not, you keep messin around like that you'll kill your liver.
It's a slow and painful death