Notices

Struggling

Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Struggling

I'm 39 now, and I have been using for over 25 years. I have been to rehab 6 times, and have relapsed more times than I can count. Have been clean now for two weeks, and I so badly want to pick up again. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Don't do it. Go to a meeting, eat some chicken, play games, sleep...whatever you need to do, but not that.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Don't use. Just don't do it. Find better things in life. Find things you enjoy and do them. Go make friends. Go for a run. Go to a game. Go to the park. Bottom line, your 2 weeks in, why the hell would you blow that and use again?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Charlie - I was on the same roller coaster for over 20 years and am now 57. You don't want to be me at this stage in life. Half of your life is still ahead of you. Now is the time to make the commitment. With two weeks, the worse is over for WD's and now is the time for recovery commitment. SR has really made a difference for me and I am at a little over 110 days opiate free. I have gone as long as 6 months in the past, but that was because I could not find product. I was not committed to recovery as I am now and reading all these posts and finding all these kindred spirits with same or similar stories and situations has really helped me. I never went to rehab, as I kept my situation pretty much a secret from most and was fortunate to never get into any legal trouble (must have really had a true guardian angel). Keep posting and let us know how you are. We are here to support you!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope this makes sence

How to Recover from [Dis-ease]
[Dis-ease] meaning: not to be at ease.
These are ways to help overcome the [dis-ease] of addiction. I have been recovering from the [dis-ease] of addiction for almost five years. What I have found to help alleviate the discomfort of the [dis-ease] is meditation. I have found that it is the mind’s conception of what the world is that causes [dis-ease.] So upon practicing meditation, I have discovered that when the mind is calm, the world around me is calm. It is when the mind is in constant thought that it gets confused. When you come to see that thoughts are just thoughts, the mind is at ease. When the mind is at ease, the [dis-ease] is no longer present. Meditation is a process of letting go of thoughts. Those thoughts can be thoughts from one’s past or the future. Meditation teaches us that thoughts are just thoughts. It is when we cling to thoughts that [dis-ease] occurs. When we have a thought of something happy, we get a feeling of well being and we tend to hang on to those thoughts. It is the same as unhappy thoughts. If we get an unhappy thought and cling to that thought, we suffer from [dis-ease.] So if we can learn to just let the thoughts go, there is no confusion because the mind is at ease and not struggling with the idea of it being a happy thought or an unhappy thought. So once again, a thought is only a thought. It is only when we cling to that thought that there is [dis-ease.] If a thought of something from our past arises and it is unpleasant, we suffer, but if we just see it as a thought and not being real because it is something from the past, there is no [dis-ease.] It is true of thoughts of the future because thoughts of the future are also unreal because the future has yet to come to fruition.
This is just an idea of one addict to another, so you must be the judge and find out if it is true for you or not. Meditation can be practiced by sitting and bring your awareness to the in and out of your breath. Every time there is a thought or image, see that it is just a thought or image; if you wish, you can simply say to yourself, “Thought image” and bring your awareness back to the in and out of the breath. It is when you attach your awareness to a thought that confusion arises. Also, by always chasing thoughts that bring a feeling of pleasure suffering and [dis-ease] arise because nothing lasts forever and when that feeling of pleasure passes a way, you will chase it again and again. The thought of something bring pleasure is, after all, only a thought. The Buddha taught that clinging- and-attachment is the cause of suffering because everything eventually passes away.

Last edited by Richardg; 04-05-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Correct a spelling mistake
Old 04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, brother. Hang in there. I only have 3 1/2 days sober, so who the hell am I to post an opinion. You got a family?Kids? I'm 42, maried with 5 grandkids. I want to see them grow up. I drank from 18-30 every day and now 12 years later I'm getting off the oxy. NONE of this is easy. You hang in there. Concentrate on the good, screw the bad stuff you did in your life. If I had a nickle for every sleepless night I had thinking about the dumb crap I did I'd be a rich man. Forget that crap and get on with your GOOD life that you have now.DRUG FREE. God Bless you and yours and good luck.