Notices

oxy detox, equilibrium is shot

Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oxy detox, equilibrium is shot

Hey kids, today ids my first dau free of oxy. Was taking 300-450 mgs a day. One of my bigest withdrawl symptoms is my equilibrium is shot. I fall down alot. If I turn my eyes right or left, my equilibrium goes to hell and sometimes I go down. Normal? What gives?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
College Graduate

After a few days, I will believe anything, this stuff sucks. I have not had any issues with falling down, but a little dizzy, try not to stand up too fast.

Be careful!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, day 2 is starting. I feel like crap, but this too will pass. In a year, I'll look back and laugh at this.
Please, DEAR GOD PLEASE keep the advice and encouragement coming. I need it now. Thanks a million.
Bones
Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Day 5 (with a slip or trip here and there) and even now it does get better. Keep it going, it's worth. There are many right here with you, send me PM if you need to scream, play some of the games on here to take your mind of the BS.

Any plans for long term? Once you dtox where do you go to not look back?

Sometimes thinking of that really helps me
Old 04-05-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I'm here in Colorado for 3 weeks at a buddies house cleaning up. After the back to Orlando to pick up the pieces and fix my marraige. Get back in college. I have 1 degree and going for a Bachelors in respiratory therapy with a minor in Mathematics. Then my masters in Math and decide to teach or work at a hospitol. I have the patie nce of a saint and think teaching college level algebra and stats is the way for me. I will have to cut out my riding buddies. We put alot of miles on our bikes. Can't say what club affiliate.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

P.S. even though I am in this hell, I am extreemely strong willed. I drank and rode from 18-39 everyday. On July 5,2000 I woke up and said enough is enough. I never had a drop of alchohol since then. I quit Oxy's on Sun, April3, 2011 (crap, its been 2 days not1, and I will never take anothe one as long as I live. All my old drinking buddies swore I'd make it 2 weeks and then be drikning again. WHo's having the last laugh now!!. Samo thing with Oxy, I am stbborn like a mule.
This is nothing compared to being in an explosion at the shop. I had 3rd degree burns on 26 percent of my body. 1 week in the hospitol being debredid followed bu 2 months in a hospitol be in my living room with daily dressing changes. Anyone out then burned, you know what it's like. I beat that too, soo I can beat this. mThanks for the support.
I would like to keep a running tab on how I am doing so it may help others, is this the appropiate forumn?
Thanks again for all your support. You don't know what it means to me and how it keeps me going. God Bless all of you and keep at it.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FT

Hey Harleybobber,

Yes, this is a good forum to post on. Cruise the threads, post as often as possible, and you'll have all kinds of folks right along with ya for the ride.

FT
Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm still hanging in there. I'm gonna whip this crap. Everybody else hang on and be strong. Actually, I think my equilibrium is better today. I'mm gonna kick this oxy in the a**! Thanks for the encouragement.
Bones
Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3 1/2 days into it. RLS is insane. So is the heebie jeebie feeling in my stomach. Thank God for Amodium. So far no diareah. I could use a little encouragement here. It's getting really rough on me. Thanks guys.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Roough day here as well, so this may be a bit short. Tiem to draw on that mule like stubborness.

Don't llok back, RLS sucks and so does getting very little sleep, but it will pass. Get your mind occupied with something else, anything else but meds.

I am here lurking the forums and doing my best to stay focused on today.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FT

School

Originally Posted by Harleybobber View Post
Well, I'm here in Colorado for 3 weeks at a buddies house cleaning up. After the back to Orlando to pick up the pieces and fix my marraige. Get back in college. I have 1 degree and going for a Bachelors in respiratory therapy with a minor in Mathematics. Then my masters in Math and decide to teach or work at a hospitol. I have the patie nce of a saint and think teaching college level algebra and stats is the way for me. I will have to cut out my riding buddies. We put alot of miles on our bikes. Can't say what club affiliate.
Hey dude.

You are going to be so happy with yourself and how much more clearly you can think -- VERY SOON. The first week you will feel sick, less-than-ZERO-energy, crapass bowels with cramps and gas you wish would pass but won't, feeling horrible-crappy, and you probably won't sleep. I think the worst for me was lying in bed but not being able to lie still, getting up but not being able to stay up because I was dead-dog-tired, going back to bed and not being able to lie there either, and over and over and over all night. Maybe got 1/2 hour of sleep at at time, in pieces. Topped off with the racing thoughts and crazy addict-brain screaming at me to DO SOMETHING, the nights were by far the worst. After the first week it starts to get better. Then it's kind of up and down, with some good days, then fewer bad days. At 3 weeks out, most of the bad days are behind you. Those first 3 weeks are a tough go, and I don't think there is any way around them for someone who was truly addicted at the high doses you read about here.

BUT! It goes away! It really does get better. I am an old bag at 59, and I am a full time university student on top of running a medical case review business with my husband. That's full time, too. Yeah, I'm kinda in "the field." I don't say too much about it here. But I am in a profession where you just don't be an addict. Bad idea.

The way I look at it, if you are in a profession where people depend on you for their health and/or safety, you have no business being an addict. Not while you are active in that profession. I don't want my bus driver to be going through oxy withdrawals while driving me around on the bus. Or, alternatively, to be on oxys AT ALL while driving me around on the bus. Just an example.

Far out, and go dude go, as for the getting your degree. Hit it! You want to be in RT. Excellent! You can't go wrong with a career in healthcare right now, and if you are IN, don't blow it.

Good luck.

Peace out!

FT
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement, pleqase keep it coming. My thread title is not conducive to general reading, I guess. I am a stuburn SOB and will beat this 3 3/4 day into it. Just went for a 2 mile walk. Felt like I was going to die, but I survived. After my RT degree, I'm going for my masters in math. I love teaching people stuf, anything form shooting to building wooden boats to you name it. May decide to teach math at the college level.
To anyone out there thin king about quiting, IT CAN BE DONE. Just DO It. With the rough crowd I ran with, I have seen it all, but have the self respect to keep my distance {except my oxy habit} If I can do it YOU CAN TOO.
Try it, maybe you fail. Try it again. Just DO IT.
God Bless
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good luck Harley!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The equilibrium portion is normal the first few days...but you should be past that by now. Try the towel trick for the restless legs...it does work. Just put Ben-gay on your legs and wrap them with towels... Hope you're into day 5, as you should be feeling much better than day 3. In a few weeks, you should be feeling a lot better than you did on the oxys. You're almost over the hard part, so stay strong.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Hey Harley, I will begin my Master's in the fall in Cyber Security, I too would like to teach someday but I think I would like to teach college. I like the idea of helping students learn critical thinking, and college seems like an atmosphere that is a little less lock-step in terms of what ideas a teacher can allow students to discuss.

I want to be able to help student think and research and make their own ideas, not just what their friends, parents, or textbooks say.

Good luck to you
Old 04-06-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

4 fays 16 hrs and 30 mins sober and I am begging to feel better
Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Nice job harley. It only gets better
Old 04-06-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FT

Hang in there, Harley. Stride is right.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Harleybobber View Post
4 fays 16 hrs and 30 mins sober and I am begging to feel better
Give it a day and you should notice an improvement in how you feel. 4 days...you're almost through the hard part!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

5days 8 hrs 19 minutes. I rock. Slept 4 hrs last night . The equilibrium is MUCH better. Although I still have a big knot on my forehead from crashing into a door jam. Had to go to the ER yesterday morning. BP through the roof, curled in the fetal position whimpering like a beaten puppy. Gave me one pill that knocked my junk in the dirt and slept all day yesterday, Also gave me clonidine for th B.P. and phenegrin for my stomach. My head is actually getting clearer now, but finding it hard to get off the couch. However, I'm alive, have all my fingers and toes and this too shall pass. I'm hanging in tough and I wish everyone that reads my 2 threads all the best. I went from 300-450 mgs of oxycodone a day to nothing cold turkey. I am nobody special and if I can do it you can too. Hang in there and enjoy your new life.