Notices

Starting Naltrexone tomorrow

Old 04-03-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting Naltrexone tomorrow

Hi, here's the deal. I've been shooting dope for months now and it's quite unfortunate to say the least. I quit last Monday because I am to start oral naltrexone tomorrow, Monday the 4th. I'm scared I'll have precipitated withdrawals because on Monday (6 days ago), I took 4 mgs of Suboxone, on Tuesday I messed up and did dope, then about 5am Thursday morning I caved and took 3 mgs of Subs again cause I just wanted to sleep. I have no Subs built up in my system otherwise.

Is precipitated withdrawal likely from this timetable? I've never experienced it. How long does it last? I'm not sick at all since I took those 3 mgs Thursday morning, which I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing. Either I won't get that sick (unlikely), or the 3 mgs is still tying me over meaning tomorrow will probably suck? Will someone help? They say you have to be off opiates/opioids for 7-10 days before naltrexone administration, but I wasn't on maintenance or anything.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you doing this under a Drs care? I have to tell you when I took suboxone too early I was very sick. I waited 3 days from my last dose of fentynal but it was still too early. I would be completely honest with the Dr trust me it's nothing they never heard before. Good luck with your recovery
Old 04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well it's not Suboxone I'll be taking, it's naltrexone, which is a full opioid antagonist, unlike Suboxone. Naltrexone will put you in withdrawal if you have any opioid in your system, including Suboxone. Not sure if 3 mgs in 4 days will make me ill or not.

and yes, it's under a doctor's care.