Old 04-01-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

naming my voices

I have 4 voices and i have named them God , reaper satan and female voice
Do you think its ok to name them ?
its not that its going to make me any worse , they are here for the long hall
God: says things to encourage me not to hurt my self drink and calms me
Reaper:wants me to drink and hurt myself But he says it like some one who is saying it in a sort of kind way
Satan: tells me to cut myself, drink and kill myself tells me that am worthless and that everyone would be better of if i was dead
dark angel :she is very negative says things like i should just give in and cut or drink always depressive

My dr and pdoc all know about my voices and am on medication for them but the medication only dulls them down not take them away
I no longer see my p doc any more because she said i am stable enough to just see my dr

I know that i have to listen to God more than i got to listen to the others
Do you think its normal to give names to voices ?
or am i just weird
Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Willow...listen to God. He is the voice of love, and wants you to know of His love.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Yes, listen to God. he cares so much, and loves more than we can comprehend, dear Willow. no, it's not weird to name voices...it''s not weird to have mental issues. i don't hear voices, but have another type of mental illness. My heart goes out to you...yes, listen to God. i have to practice this every day...it works.

All blessings))))
Old 05-06-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nurture and encourage and find techniques that magnify the voice of God.

find other techniques, short sayings and quick answers silence and ignore the other three voices of the reaper, devil and dark angel.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are these the voices of your inner child?, The buried subconscious emotions rising to the surface in mixed up puzzle peices you need time to figure out and you don't feel quite ready for yet . Anger, grief, feeling lost, unjustified, the voices that make you want to blame yourself when somehow you have just never had the knowledge or the nurturing, to love and nurture yourself.

For me finally remembering what it felt like to be a little lost three year old girl...five year old girl...nine year old girl...young teen with no loving guidance to go by helped me realize, that I wasn't the one who deserving to be punished for reliving almost unbearable pain again and again and again, feeling worthless or unloveable.

Alcohol only made those negative feelings worse, that urge to self punish first. It was almost a refex, it was a reflex and still is but I choose to fight it and be a survivor, nobody's victim anymore. You can be your own angel let yourself feel how lost that past person (inner child) was. Hug her hold and love her. reassure her that she can feel angry, hurt, can yell and scream, cry all she wants and that you'll hear her, be there for her on the inside and that she was not to blame, could not help herself at the time and that now she is allowed to feel, to see, to remember. The new awareness when the puzzle peices come together will allow you to feel those good feelings that you deserve to feel.

I hope the symbolism isn't to much to grasp and that I've not offended anyone. I'll leave the moderators to decide that. That was just how my PTSD manifested itself when it first hit me with the flashbacks in 1992. It was so hard and took so long for all the emotional peices of the puzzle to fit together, the tidal wave of feelings, emotions associated with the memories and to know where my anger and grief, depression stemed from and placing those emotions where they really belongs instead of on blaming everything on myself.

I always carry my little girl (inner child)inside me now, close to my heart and the candle of love and hope I carry for her. Only she's free now never to be unjustly locked away in my subconscious again.

I don't know if this is what PTSD is like for you as this is the only post I've read of yours.
Mine of course is CSA related, has affected me thoughout my whole life and still does. Only now I has learned so much and with the support of people like you will find here I have come so far. I don't feel the need for alcohol as I used to although I do still the the binging urge I keep it under control and can stop myself before it gets out of control. I thank the people on here more than anyone else for that. I leave for months at a time but I always come back, check in, ask for help and support when I need to and that is extreamly difficult for me. I makes me feel so good when my words can help others on here also. Keep posting and keep us up to date.
there is always someone here to care, not judge and encourage you to be well.