Notices

Writen 10th step

Old 03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Writen 10th step

Hi all I'm new to The S.R.C. Forum but I thought I would share how I was shown to do the 10th step upon awakening and once in the evening, (coincidentally around happy hour) and whenever needed throughout the day.

first a refresher on 1 2 3

1. can you concede to your innermost self that you are an alcoholic?
and that you WERE you powerless over alchol and that your life had become unmanageable?

2. Can you come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore you to sanity?

3. Are you entirely ready to turn your will and your life over to the care of this power?

Next we launched out on a course of vigorous action, the first step of which is a personal housecleaning, which many of us had never attempted. Though our decision was vital and crucial step, it could have little permanent effect unless at once followed by a strenuous effort to face, and to be rid of, the things in ourselves which had been blocking us.

In dealing with resentments, we set them on paper
We reviewed our fears thoroughly We put them on paper, even though we had no resentment in connection with them.
(4)
At the top of a piece of paper write:

I'm resentful at (whoever pops into your head) Because I have fear (whatever pops into your head),

(you can write multiple fears after each resentment if necessary)

(repeat until no more resentments pop up)

I'm resentful at (whoever pops into your head) Because I have fear (whatever pops into your head)

then write:

I have fear ( whatever pops into your head)

( repeat until no more fears pop up)

have fear ( whatever pops into your head)
stop
( 6)
Are you entirely ready to have all these fears removed?

good
(7) (1/2 OF 5&11)
write:

THANK YOU FOR REVEALING AND REMOVING THESE FEARS I ASK ONLY FOR KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR WILL FOR US AND THE POWER TO CARRY THAT OUT

THANKS ( YOUR NAME)
STOP
(8)
THEN WRITE A LIST OF PEOPLE AND PLACES YOU HAVE HARMED AND THINGS YOU MAY FEEL UNAMENDED ABOUT

( )
STOP
(9)

MAKE direct amends to such people, wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. ( DO THE 10TH STEP ON THE THE 8TH STEP LIST FOR THE 9TH STEP WHERE EVER BLOCKED BY RESENTMENT OR FEAR)

(second half of 5)
read your inventory to a trustworthy understanding person (doesn't have to be every day)

take this inventory upon awaking and in the evening everyday and as needed
throughout the day (basically do this like you drank,)

(last half of 11)
learn how to meditate and do it after taking your morning inventory and your evening inventory.
(12)
continue and Pass it on

example OF 10TH STEP I'm resentful at myself because I have fear my explanation of how to work the 10th step was way too long I have fear I'm an idiot I have fear I'm going to be late I have fear I'm getting my sons cold I have fear I'm going to take time off work I have fear I look bad etc...... Thank you for revealing and removing these fears i ask only for knowledge of your will for us thanks sobered101112
job
son
ex

I have done this for the past 11 years
Old 03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR.

Thank you for the post it has a lot of good information in it.

I hope you will also go into our newcomers section and introduce yourself there so others have the opportunity to get to know you. More people will be able to see you there.