Notices

100 days off opiate addiction

Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

100 days off opiate addiction

How do I feel you ask? 100% as well as I did before I started the 2 year habit. Quitting was hard and for me, the insomnia was the last symptom to hang around, but is gone now. What I definitely know is that I will never use another opiate.

By the way, the best motivation to quit was when one of my suppliers buddies said to me "ha, yeah right you're going to 'quit'. No one quits opiates as they are most addictive thing on the planet, so see you in a week..." I said to him "man, you know opiates well, but you don't know me. Good bye."

NA andd those programs may be great for many and if that keeps people sober, I'm all for it, but it wasn't for me. And as with ANY program, you need WILL POWER plain and simple. I have a few friends still using opiates and they are always looking for the "easy way" to get off them. Guess what....there is no easy way. Just do it. I did it with no support, no one knowing about it, and just using good ole fashion will power and determination.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow 100 days!!!!! thats sooo awesome man!!!!!! good for you!!!!!! tomorow will be 20 days off the oxycodone, and i really feel great man!!!!! like you, im not a guy who is into the whole support group thing, so i have been doing the same thing as you sheer determination!!! in these last 20 days i have had 2 bad days where i had very strong cravings, the first one came day 3 off suboxone, and the second which wasnt as bad as the first came like day 9 off suboxone. i used suboxone for 4 days only in small amount just to help myself get past the physical w/ds. im like counting the days down to my first 30 days clean since the 2 years i was using oxycodone.was popping 250-350 mg per day!!ill be keeping the door shut on thse tings forever bro!!!, but anyway a huge congrats to you!!! it feels soo much better not being controlled by a pill!!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that any program for quitting drugs/alcohol is very hard and ultimately it is up to the individual to do what needs to be done.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
wow 100 days!!!!! thats sooo awesome man!!!!!! good for you!!!!!! tomorow will be 20 days off the oxycodone, and i really feel great man!!!!! like you, im not a guy who is into the whole support group thing, so i have been doing the same thing as you sheer determination!!! in these last 20 days i have had 2 bad days where i had very strong cravings, the first one came day 3 off suboxone, and the second which wasnt as bad as the first came like day 9 off suboxone. i used suboxone for 4 days only in small amount just to help myself get past the physical w/ds. im like counting the days down to my first 30 days clean since the 2 years i was using oxycodone.was popping 250-350 mg per day!!ill be keeping the door shut on thse tings forever bro!!!, but anyway a huge congrats to you!!! it feels soo much better not being controlled by a pill!!
You're awesome bro! I hated being a slave to oxy. I too did suboxone for about 10 days in order to help a bit, but after dropping the subs it got pretty bad. You're a lot like me thoug. Like I said, I use sheer determination, the gym and my will power!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thejuiceman View Post
You're awesome bro! I hated being a slave to oxy. I too did suboxone for about 10 days in order to help a bit, but after dropping the subs it got pretty bad. You're a lot like me thoug. Like I said, I use sheer determination, the gym and my will power!
well im glad to see you at 100 days n forever and feeling great!!! for me its weird man, i feel great its only been 20 days so i cant imagine that i can feel any better then i do now. i cant wait to get back to the gym!!! i skipped it for the two years i was using!! well like i said the door is shut forever in that chapter of my life!! next chapter began 20 days ago!! when did you start feeling your very best? how long after stopping?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

well im glad to see you at 100 days n forever and feeling great!!! for me its weird man, i feel great its only been 20 days so i cant imagine that i can feel any better then i do now. i cant wait to get back to the gym!!! i skipped it for the two years i was using!! well like i said the door is shut forever in that chapter of my life!! next chapter began 20 days ago!! when did you start feeling your very best? how long after stopping?
I felt amazing about 30 days after! Started the gym day 1 after quitiing. I too took over a year off! Sucked.

I love life again.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thejuiceman View Post
I felt amazing about 30 days after! Started the gym day 1 after quitiing. I too took over a year off! Sucked.

I love life again.
thats soooo awesome!!! what the hell were we thinking???????????
Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

thats soooo awesome!!! what the hell were we thinking???????????
Staritng the gym so quickly? I just needed somthing to look forward to after work other than an oxy. So I forced myself. Started slow with walks and light wieghts....3 months later I'm getting 225 for 15 again and running 25 minute 3 mile runs!

If u meant what was I thinking starting opiates....I don't know. Lol. If I had known how addictive they were I wouldn't have touched them. I although, didn't think I could get addicted to anything. I was wrong!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its so funny I too started about going back to the gym after I quit. I'm on day 18 and its still a mental struggle. But I've been walking doing light wieghts at home so that once I hit the gym I won't be so sore.

Like you two, I went on WD by myself. The only person that knew was my "source" who luckly for me said you do what you need to do. I still think his pokets are hurting becuse of me quiting....but who cares.

My wife has no clue what i've gone through to get clean. I got myself into it I NEEDED TO GET MYSELF OUT.

I've lost 20lb since I got of the Oxy hell, I was wondering if you guys lost weight aswell?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

I was 180 and shredded when I started using, got up to 205 18 months later because I never went to the gym and my eating habits sucked. Now I'm down to 190 a mere 100 days later.

Yeah man, my girlfriend didn't even know I was withdrawing. No one knew. People just thought I was sick, miserable and emotional (lol) for a little bit.

Like you said...we got ourselves into this so I wasn't going to lean on someone to get out of it. Be a man, step it up and just do it.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Amen
Old 03-11-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 days. Stay very humble though, and don't be too confident about being in control. That's your best bet for the long-term. Get a support system if you don't have one, you'll need it.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Clean since Dec. 1st, 2010

I think that we are all doing very well!!!

I am on day 101 without opiates!!!

LIFE is GOOD!!!

Congratulations to us ALL!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by Stride34 View Post
Congratulations on 100 days. Stay very humble though, and don't be too confident about being in control. That's your best bet for the long-term. Get a support system if you don't have one, you'll need it.
Thanks but no thanks on the support system. The NA thing isn't for me an nobody knows I was using them. I got into this on my own so I will use myself as my own support system. Trust me, I'm not over confident, I just know myself and there is no way I will use again. I have way too many good things in my life to use drugs. And even if I didn't have those things, I still wouldn't use.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You are right, only you can stop yourself. However, I really beg you to get someone to be your support system. It doesn't have to be NA or a program.
My husband went back & forth for over 6 yrs without me knowing. 90-120 days sober at a time. Every detox I thought was the flu. But with each relapse his usage got worse. And I did know something was wrong, he wasn't himself.
He to had more to lose than anyone could imagine. But when it's your own secret, it's easier to relapse. Who will know. just one. Any very stressful situation etc....
When he told me, was when it stopped the relapses. Because secrets can grow in the dark, but not in the light.
Now when there is stress, a situation that's a trigger, etc. He can talk to me. It's a work in progress, one day at a time.
I really hope you continue to do great. I only say this because I've lived it & would hate to see it happen to someone else.
Have a great day! Hang tough!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Not saying it's never happened, but it's extremely rare for people to beat serious addictions for good while maintaining they're in control of their use, and also having no one to talk to in moments of temptation that will inevitably come. I suppose it's not impossible though, best of luck juice.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by Stride34 View Post
Not saying it's never happened, but it's extremely rare for people to beat serious addictions for good while maintaining they're in control of their use, and also having no one to talk to in moments of temptation that will inevitably come. I suppose it's not impossible though, best of luck juice.
Guess that makes my feat all that more impressive! Awesome! Listen, I seriously sppreciate your concern and this board has been great support, but I won't go back...trust me. My job is super high stress and I have been in very stressful situations and ther is no chance of me using again. I'm done. You could beat me wth a hammer and I wouldn't use. I am too good and too strong to ever do that crap again. Thank you all though!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Juggernaut of self will

Congratulations Juiceman!

I came onboard around the same time as you, and have followed your threads with interest.

Hope to see you in another 100 days
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Originally Posted by Dopafiend View Post
Congratulations Juiceman!

I came onboard around the same time as you, and have followed your threads with interest.

Hope to see you in another 100 days
Thanks! That why I am here. To show that it can be done and also to get some support and feedback. Awesome and thank you.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Addict

juiceman,

I have followed your posts since you arrived here, and first want to cogratulate you on your clean time.

I want to say something now that may not seem kind, but it's important. You have kept your addiction, and your recovery, a secret. You've stated that a number of times. I don't advocate that to anyone. And I believe part of recovery is the forthrightness to admit addiction, and expose that addiction to the light of knowledge. It's your choice to do that, and in the end, whatever works, so be it.

But I don't believe keeping secrets is the healthiest approach to recovery. Take that for what it's worth, and with the best intentions. And continued success in your recovery.