Notices

How Not to Detox from Opioid Dependency

Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Stratman. WELCOME BACK! Good to hear from you!

I know that ashamed feeling well. That's your ego talking to you. Try not to listen to it - it will get you into a heap of trouble. It is telling you that things are not that bad - that you are not taking that much, but it sounds like it is controlling your life all the same.

It gets tiring trying to manage that lifestyle doesn't it? Nothing changes if nothing changes right? Maybe it is time to reach out for some more outside support (counseling/ therapy/meetings/etc.). Talking about it helps.

Burn that script! Hang in there.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

statman, I know how you fill. I Have been through full blown op detox twice in the last three months. Why? Because I convinced myself that I could use just a little. Every time I would justify by saying I'm not doing it a bunch, but I wasn't letting my body heal. I would just start to fill better then use. Then kicked the pain meds and went to xanax. They did wonders for the op w/d but now I'm detoxing from them. It is just as bad if not worse than the pain pills. Hang in there dude.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dont beat yourself up mate,i have done things that i would never of thought doing before i went off the rails,it strips you of you morals and rational thoughts.
i hope you can get back on track as im trying at the moment with many side effects and problems but its easy to sort someone elses life out but i cant sort my own.
your not a bad person its just are brain plays tricks with us and at some points there stronger than we are.
at least you have the great woman you talk about,which believe me is better than coping on your own like im trying too do,with the help from the great people on here.
chin up mate hang in there.
Richard

Last edited by rizlaman; 03-19-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Oh. My. Gawd.

Oh, Lordy, Lordy.

StratMan. Baby. Chico.

You have no idea what you just did for me.

I have had a "standing date" with my old pain doc since January, when I called and canceled my appointment, after stopping oxy's on December 15.

That's a long story I won't repeat here, except to say that your story of withddrawals over and over again during the past few months reminds me a LOT of the "tapering" I was doing over the entire year of 2010. My withdrawals were pretty bad, because I would "rob" myself of the tail end of my supply every time I refilled my oxy's, forcing me to go to different doctors and dentists to find more scripts, but I always ended up with "not enough" before my next script was filled. EVERY time I sat in a pharmacy waiting for my refill, I was so SICK. I would rush to the car afterwards, pills in hand, and swallow a handful with a Full Throttle to dissolve them quickly and receive the rush, before driving home. Over, and over, and over, and over again until I got so sick I had to quit. Even my stupid, dull, pea sized, "addict brain" had to yell uncle.

Enough said of that.

My standing date.

My pain doc and I had discussed over a couple of months how, after I had tapered down (yeah I lied to him too) and quit, after a couple of months off of them, I could come back in for a "weekend script." Yes! What a great idea! My "ace in the hole!" The plan would be for me to have "a few" on hand for "those weekends when I wanted to watch a whole movie without pain." Yes!

NO!

NO!

I know now that there is NO WAY I could handle being an "occasional" weekend user of oxys. Reading your post confirms to me what I already knew. I would be facing doing withdrawals over and over again, every MONTH, which of course FOR ME I think means I would be hopping right back UP onto the OXY HELL RIDE once again. Who knows when to get off of it.

Thank you, SM.

I still have my "standing date" with the pain doc. It isn't in paper, so I can't tear it up.

So, here's tearing it up mentally....

:burns:burns
Old 03-19-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Juggernaut of self will

Your disease is nothing to be ashamed of, nor is going out. It happens. However, know that is does not need to happen again.

As Marcus said, maybe seeking some outside help would be useful? I know that is what I needed. There is no way I could do it alone.

Hang in there, go easy on yourself, and remember you do not have to do this alone. There is help.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Oh yea, I noticed

Hey Stratman,
Just a quick note to you as I continue to lurk here and there. Your stories are noticed and read, and thought about. I really wish you all the best as you go through this, and wanted to say thanks for an honest post. It is helping more people than you know.

FS