Notices

Recovery and Increased Clarity

Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery and Increased Clarity

Have any of you experienced what I can only describe as intense, increased clarity at about the 2 months point of recovery - especially from opiates? I am now seeing physical things in my 28 year old home, long neglected, I need to fix or change for the first time in a long time . . and actually taking action. I can remember when I was using and would be out of town on business, I would daydream about a home project, but never actually do anything about it. All along I have kept a basically clean house, but not exhibited the effort it takes to make serious changes.
This week I have experienced a weird awakening to all of this. Examples: Why haven't I taken down old stained window shades years ago? Today, I went to the store to buy a new phone and out of the blue bought new pillows for all of the beds, which should have been done a year or two ago. And, my spouse and I are planning a trip to New England in May - first real vacation in many years now that I am not chasing pills. I am feeling that excitement of planning a vacation like I did years ago before pills.
I guess I really have been in a fog . . and the fog is lifting.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YES! For me it happened at around week 4 in rehab during a process group. I remember the exact moment. It was like a veil had been lifted and I could see clearly. Weird stuff eh?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

same thing happened with me. stuff i had been just struggling with from a business standpoint, one day at about the 35 day mark just started to make perfect sense. Funny how that works when you aren't thinking about how to score all the time you can figure stuff out.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Everything to me seems sooo clear too, and bright! Today is day 56 for me. I too am planning a trip w/ my hubby! Even the snow looks pretty now and sparkley.... crazy stuff but oh so wonderful!