Notices

perc 30's

Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

perc 30's

hey guys i just signed up for the site saw some interesting stuff on here. me and my girlfriend are aqddicted to perc 30's. we snort them and we dont even really get that high from them anymore. we have been using percs for about 3 months now. we are looking to stop its a complete waist of money and really we dont have th emoney to continue. we pay 30 a piece and will blow one to 2 a day. needless to say were broke. were not so bad that we dont pay our bills but clearly there is a problem that needs to be fixed. actually as im typing this i have 4 30's n the way to my house.... im not even using them to gfet high anymore its to keep the withdrawl symptoms from kicking in and to not be so miserable and moody. we are looking to stop as soon as i find someone who can get 5-10 MG percs so we can ween ourselves off of them. sad that i can find 30's no problem but 5-10's i cant get them to try to get off. i dont really know what im looking to get out of this post i know i have a problem and we are seriouse about fixing it. i guess if anyone has any tips for getting off of percs it would be greatly approcoated. im also a heavy drinker at night. iv been drinking since i was 16 and prob only missed a day here or there and its been 9 years... i really need to change my lifestyle. i dont want to sound like im justifying anything but i am very responsible and go to work every day and make sure all my bills are paid so thankfuly drugs and drinking havent gotten in the way of things it has for others. im looking forward to kicking the habbit i quit smoking 2 years ago and smoked for 9 years. the drinking will be much harder for me to kick than the percs... i just have to have a "high" feeling to have a good time or to go to sleep. sad thing is i have so much good in my life i shouldnt have to depend on things to make me feel better.. im just never really happy. thanks for listening whoever reads this i guess thats what i realy needed
Old 02-12-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh and i did'nt spell check or go back to see my stupid errors so even tho it looks like im an idiot its not that bad
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Randy

You're smart to be thinking about quitting now....I know from experience you can go from missing a day or two from work and paying all your bills...to complete and utter chaos in a very short amount of time.

You'll find a lot of support here

D

Last edited by Dee74; 02-12-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Wow, Randy.

I'm not sure I'm the one you would best relate to, except to say this: Oxycodone, oxyContin, and the like, are a class of opiates with addictive capability that I had no idea of until it was too late and I was already addicted to it.

You have discovered the hook of oxys and other opiates -- when you first take them, they feel GREAT! No matter how you start taking them, if you are not taking them for the short term therapeutic use of relief of moderate to severe pain, then you are abusing them. I started with legal prescription use after orthopedic surgery that I really needed it for. I found all kinds of excuses why I hurt too much to stop, and long before I admitted to doing so, I was not using it for pain anymore.

I was using for 2 years at increasingly high doses that were far and above higher than what you are using. I can't remember what month it occurred to me that I never really felt good any more, but quite a few months into taking this horrific stuff, I realized that I had to take more and more just to feel the same effect from the drug, and then even that went away. Eventually, I was only taking it so I wouldn't go into withdrawal from not taking it.

Taking more and more will only make it harder for your withdrawals, so it is good you aren't using too high a dose yet. Stop now before that happens. You will never re-achieve that oxy high you remember from the start. It never comes back, even on higher doses, at the same time your tolerance builds and toxicity sets in.

You will feel like crap for at least a week or two. Read the oxy threads on this forum for lots of stories about that.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was in the same boat as you. Or a similar one. I'm lucky now because I can't find those perc 30's even on the days I try. Those days are becoming fewer and far between though, with the help of my sponsor and the AA/NA program. It's a really big deal to start going to meetings. You will get support. Quitting isn't easy, it isnt fun but when its out of your system you can start living life again. You are lucky though because your dose is really not that high. I was doing 2 80mg oxys a day on average for a few months and from what ive read on other forums that isn't even that high. There are many reasons to get clean, but just think of the money you will save. I seriously recommenced going to some type of treatment program if you are able to because I swear it saved my life. You will learn SOOOOO much. If you can't do that just go to as many AA/NA meetings as you can. In my opinion it doesn't matter which one (aa or na) I usually go to aa but I never really drank, nobody seems to care. I'm not saying I havent slipped up since then, but my life has gotten so much better. I know at some point I will be able to say no to those little blue pills or any other type of opiate. You can also consider suboxone. But if you do that make sure your on it for a VERY short period of time I made the mistake of staying on it way too long and its a bitch to get off.