Notices

not sure were to post.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do u have a catch-22?

not sure were to post.

Hi, I havent posted in mental health in a few years but am not entirely new to all this. yet i am. anyway
.i'm streased and concerened because i have a friend that suffers from bipolor and depression with pshcotic features or something close to that. recentlly she was hospitalized 2 times and she blamed me for her mental breakdown which made me feel entirelly hurt. we have issues together weather its my fault or not an incedent happened and she felt as though my xboyfriend violated her (long story) i hope this isint to much for this fourm!

she didn't talk to me for almost a year and had two hospitalations after the incedent. now she has had back surgery and cannot walk . i cant bring to myself to visit her in the hospital even though shes getting out soon. and i tryed to help her witha phone # and she would not accept it pushing away my help the only way i know how to help. concerding i have my owen issues with hospitals (i don't like them) i dont know weather i should leave her alone or what to do?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I can see where you would be struggling with this situation.

Here are my thoughts
I can not change someone else no matter how good my intentions are.
If this woman feels that you have wronged her it does not matter if it is real or not. It is real to her as perception is reality.
It sounds like this woman has made it clear she is not interested in a friendship right now.
Please keep in mind that mental illness can seriously affect one's judgment and how one reacts to situations.
Her reaction to you might seem rather harsh but that could be due to her mental issues.
My personal experience with bipolar is that when I hit a depression state I do not want anyone around me. I just want to be left alone. She may also feel similar to that. I have no way of knowing what is going on in her head but I can empathize with her situation.
I would wait in the shadows. You have let her know you are interested in renewing your friendship with her. That is all you can do. You can not control how she reacts to that. You can not change her or fix her. Hang in there, do what you personally feel is right once you have heard other perspectives. Let us know how it goes.