Notices

Slowly Getting Better (First Day- New Job!)

Old 02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slowly Getting Better (First Day- New Job!)

Well hello everyone,

Been a while since I posted my first message... But anyways, after I posted that first message I continued using (albeit a little less.)

But I kept coming back to this forum, cause I knew deep down that I wanted to get better. So slowly but surely I started to go to about 2-3 NA meetings a week and read a lot of addiction literature to better understand the root cause of my desire to live in a haze 24/7.

I can now say I am void of all drugs, except I am still tapering the benzo's because the w/d's are pretty bad (to put it mildly.) I'm guessing another month of slow tapering should be the last of that.

But anyways I'm loving the extra energy that finally has seem to come (took forever...) I wake up nowdays and usually look for productive things to do, instead of scrounging up money for the high of the day.

AND I FINALLY HAVE A JOB! It is a low paying job at a grocery store, but I'm not going to let that bother me. I'm happy that I have faith and hope now. WHen I was at my rock bottom I had neither.

So now the obstacle I have to tackle is vigilance (thx Missybuns- 12 step support.) I just have to remember that disaster is always a hit,drink or snort away.

God bless you all. You frequent posters, help us trollers in a way you may not ever know.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

things are looking up !
Old 02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go!!! I work at a fast-food restaurant, and though it's a LONG way from where I was before my addiction (RN), it's still a good feeling to know that I can do my best, at whatever I do, work toward something else (back in school), and that NONE of this will happen if I use again.

Keep up the good work

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-05-2011, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by TheDub View Post
But I kept coming back to this forum, cause I knew deep down that I wanted to get better. So slowly but surely I started to go to about 2-3 NA meetings a week and read a lot of addiction literature to better understand the root cause of my desire to live in a haze 24/7.
I like that, well said.

Congrats on your new job.

Keep up the great work on your recovery.

TB
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living In The Now

Congratulations on your new job and congratulations that are you recovering. I too work at a grocery store in the UK. And although it doesn't pay very much I am hoping to go for management. Things to do look good if you let them. Keep up the good work.

Tom x