Notices

started new medication yesterday

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

started new medication yesterday

hi all,
I started bupropion sr 15o yesterday,(wellbutrin), had previously been on amitriptyline, which caused weight gain I told my dr. it was probably my own fault for the weight gain , but he said if increased appetite was one of the side effects it wasn't my fault so that made me feel better. I am still trying to take responsibility for myself and eat right, and after I have been on a little while longer hopefully start exercising again . you can't drink on this so that should be good also, and I also hope to go back to al-anon. but I am trying to be easy on myself too and take it slow as I have a sinus infection and am on antibiotics.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

so far so good

I think I like it so far, even though it is only a few days. At least I still feel like myself for the most part. was worried I would feel completely different like some other ones I have tried. I need to give it a lot more time also. very, very busy stressful day at work, but I made it through somehow. see how it goes I guess...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope it works for you. My doctor had me on it once. I didn't feel any difference after a couple months. I dont even think I got side effects. Whats it supposed to do for you?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Satrted Wellbutrin Today.

I have been one month sober and have started suffering form signs of depression not everyday but its like a rollercoaster of emotions. Has anyone out there have some experiance and insight of using wellbutrin after quiting drinking?

Thanks Everyone!

New Lifestyle
Old 02-20-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

itching

Well after 3 weeks I have itching , swollen lips, bumps, I had esophogus/chest pain a couple days ago but thought it was stomach related but now I am wondering. I am going to stop taking it and take benadryl, I got hives from paxil so maybe there are certain antidepressants that I am allergic too. anyone else get itching/bumps etc? thanks for any responses.