Notices

Damage from Adderall

Old 01-28-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Damage from Adderall

I wanted to post about everything that I am suffering from; due to abusing adderall for over 2 years. I sort of need to get it out of my system.

A pdoc (who I DO NOT) see anymore; started me on adderall only a couple of months after I left rehab in 2007. He prescribed it for depression. I got hooked on it very fast. I loved how it made me feel.

I was hospitalized for stimulant psychosis twice. In Jan 2010 and again in July 2010.. I have been clean from adderall since. Without counting my 6 week relapse; I am going on a year clean.

I FEEL absolutely awful... I am constantly tired, still have bilateral locomoter tics in my fingers, I also have ear fullness. I have leg pain off and on; and numbness/pain bilaterallyin my feet; my leg muscles feel "tight" as well and for some reason I am ALWAYS cold.

My pdoc has been the best. He says all of these symptoms are due to a dopamine imbalance most likely caused by the massive doses of adderall I was taking. So do 2 neurologists and my general practitioner.

Adderall increases the amount of Dopamine your brain produces. Also messes with other brain chemicals.. So do other drugs of course.

Right now I am on Seroquel-- I was able to cut my dosage from 800mg to 400mg( I want to cut it to even less).---Seroquel is a dopamine depleter.. I take Klonopin PRN about 1-2 mg daily. I also take Wellbutrin. One drug I REALLY hate is Cogentin (bad side effects)-- which is supposed to stabilize the amount of dopamine you lose from Seroquel. The dr's have tried other drugs as well; but nothing has worked.

I see my Pdoc early February. I am actually going to tell him I want to stay on Seroquel (I have been on it for years; due to horrible insomnia) and a Prn dose of Klonopin (for panic attacks I have been experiencing since age 17)..and THATS IT!! I'm sick of all this trial and error with medication. I ABSOLUTELY HATE it..

I am also going to go to the gym my husband belongs to and work out!!! I am not going to sit in the house anymore and do nothing. That definitly does not help the situation either.

I am also going to add that I lost my sister; she died last March. Cause of death was coronary artery stenosis due to YEARS of heavy drug use. She had a heart attack at age 38 (she actually just turned 38 one month before she died).

I also wanted to add this:

Us addicts are really messing with our bodies by taking and abusing all of these meds; without even knowing it.

Some people can recover without experiencing all of these horrid symptoms some don't.

Before abusing your DOC, please remember all of the damage these drugs do to our bodies. We think we are invinsible and we are not!!