Notices

Oxy detox, am I doing this correctly?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxy detox, am I doing this correctly?

I am 25 y/o and a bigtime athlete... so my usage is obviously a HUGE problem for me. But, I am strong and will not goto the Dr. for something I could have avoided on my own.
I started taking Oxy's about 2 months ago after i got put in a serious arm bar that nearly ripped my arm off (training mistake). I started with 10mgs on the onset of pain after training (yes I train injured sometimes have been for years).

It soon went down hill. I have a very reliable supply, almost free to me... my coach still doesnt know, I can still fight HARD on the drug and have actually found some hidden talents while being on it. I think i got lured in completely unknowingly as too what i was about to get myself into.

I soon found myself putting 50mgs a night up my nose for the fast effect... i feel horrible for even typing that. Its the truth though!

on Jan 23 at 10am I took my last 10mg Percocet. (STILL NOT THINKING OH MY... Im dependant...) I simply didnt have w/d symptoms... until...

.... 11pm that night... panic insued, mental breakdown and temp. of 99.1, profuse sweating and shakes... a quick google and I found out what I had gotten myself into.

WOW... NEVER in my life would I concider myself subject to this sort of thing... but never take anything for granted and dont ignore the obvious.

on Jan 24 (today) I felt fine in the AM. But by 1pm I could detect my body temp elevating, so I drove home from school, sat down and the couch and not 5 minutes later, my clothes, soaked from sweat came off. Full tilt w/d symptoms and man they SUCK....

They are better now as I type this (took 1mg of Klonopin, scripted to me by my DR.) I rarelly take this stuff but broke down and had two. I feel fine now BUT i dont want a Benzo addiction, so thats the last time I'm taking them.

I have training tonight in a few hours (jiu Jitsu and Kickboxing/cardio work night). My team has fight coming up and I'm up for a lightweight bout.... Im so worried this detox is going to affect my training. My fight is in less than 2
months...

question should I go train tonight? or will it hinder/make me feel worse or would it be dangorous to my body to excerpt myself????

Thanks all, I'm going cold turkey... I'm of a proper bloodline of fighters and stronger than this ****... Just dont want to damage my body.. to much riding on it.

All I know, ANYONE is subject to this demonic medicine.....

DD
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

stay strong, that's all I can say. Also, you are wise for avoiding any further benzos-- they are just as hellish to get off of!

You only have to do this once.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Addict

wait, I missed the part about doctor's care. Let me look again...
Old 01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks my friend for the quick reply... i feel so foolish for letting myself fall into this trap. But Im gonna stay positive about it!!

do you think i can train tonight without the risk of heart/lung/ whatever problems?

I go in in an hour... i dont want to go into cardiac arrest or something crazy...

Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Melissa is right, you should probably be under a doctor's care for this. We can't give medical advice on this site.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The guys here are right DD.

We're a peer support group. We can't give out medical advice here.

I believe your best bet is always professional medical advice.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 01-24-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: early morning fuzzy headed typos
Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK thanks guys, Im going to the gym now... wish me luck.. I called my coach and told him... he was actually very understanding and told me to get my ass over here and do some work!!! i think hes just gonna have me do light grappling with our white belts... sounds good.

I called my Dr.'s cell (yes, we're cool like that) she wasnt surprised about this.... and also told me to goto the gym... Im on the right road and actually feel great right now... Ill keep yall posted. Tahnks so much
Old 01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good luck DD!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Yes, the gym saved me man. Everytime I left the gym I felt 100 times better. Plus you habit ws relatively short so you should be fine very soon. Good luck!