Notices

"28grams methylated"

Old 01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

"28grams methylated"

Overheard a possible drug deal by GF's son. We know he had been dealing pot. I'm suspecting this could be weed laced with meth? What do you guys think about making drug testing him mandatory for him to continue living with us? Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Methylation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hmmm, strange, never heard of this!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'd make him test, but that's just me.
Ask him what '28grams methylated' means, if he says I dont know what your talking about (and your sure you heard right).. then it can't be good.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also had to look it up, and found it can be pertaining to various things..alcohol, ecstasy, MDMA, speed...considering he was using the word "grams" I'd say that's a drug conversation.

As far as a drug screen, that's up to you. It will probably have to cover just about anything (hence, more expensive) and random, as A's know how to cheat a test. THEN you have to be ready to impose the consequences you set.

Sorry you're having to deal with this. I would normally ask my 17-year-old niece what it meant, but she's doing her OWN experimentation, went into a rage, and is no longer welcome at our home.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it is not weed laced in meth. Some people use methylated spirits (strong denatured alcohol) to extract the THC from parts of the marijuana plant. I think people use it to make hash.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Any bodybuilders/ workout people there? I'm hoping it might be some sort of nutritional suppliment. Did some googling and "methylated" comes up alot with some workout products.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Any bodybuilders/ workout people there? I'm hoping it might be some sort of nutritional suppliment. Did some googling and "methylated" comes up alot with some workout products.
You rang?

From what I understand "methylated" occurs as the addition of a methyl group to said molecule in an attempt to delay absorption of that molecule. I think, but don't quote me on this, that the methyl group is cleaved either in the liver or the small intestine and is then absorbed and exerts its effects as the active drug (it's a pro-drug/hormone prior to the cleaving).

In the case of bodybuilding it's a pro-hormone (the idea is a "legal" way to boost testosterone without using anabolic steroids). In the cases of stimulants, it's a pro-drug - such as the drug Vyvanse (the idea is to create a time-release of the drug and deter abuse).

That's my stab at it, I hope it helps.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

since he measured in grams I don't think it's pot-- isn't pot usually measured in oz?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

very high quality marijuana is usually measured in grams 28 grams would be almost an ounce so its possible. Still sketchy though... I wouldnt want part of it just by the name!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ill take dope deal for 200......