Notices

Any addicted teachers out there.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any addicted teachers out there.

I am an alcoholic/addict. I just got a DUI. Mixture of vodka and xanax. Any teachers out there know what I can expect, or what to prepare for.

Thanks.

K
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not a teacher but I can say with some certainty that you'll be in a court ordered program at the least.
In your posts you never acknowledged that you put other peoples lives at risk. You need to. I am not trying to come down on you or anything and mean no disrespect. Our addictions have the potential to kill other people. We already are killing ourselves and have no right to take anybody with us.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krug View Post
I am an alcoholic/addict. I just got a DUI. Mixture of vodka and xanax. Any teachers out there know what I can expect, or what to prepare for.

Thanks.

K
Funny bc I was just thinking about this. Believe it or not there are about 5 teachers in my woman’s home group. This also includes my sponsor. I guess it is a thankless highly stressful job.
I don’t really know details of the others but I know that my sponsor choose to be honest about it and she was supported. They knew something up w her anyways. She checked into treatment never relapsed and she is 3 years sober....and a great teacher. I’m sure u don’t have to spill your guts but I would figure out what you are going to say if and when you are ever given the opportunity. The fact u are posting this makes you a great teacher and it shows you love your job and students..... (to include them in your thoughts with this mess.)I’ve been there done that w alcohol and zanex, it gets better and someday u will be amazed how long ago it seemed to happen. Don’t give u and get the help you need, even if it is iop or a relapse prevention program.