Happy 2011

Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy 2011

Good afternoon everybody. Happy 2011. I've had an interesting holiday season. My mom and dad are still both alive, divorced, in their early 70's. Both still very emotionally stunted. I grew up in a war zone to say the least, due to dads alcoholism and mom's alcoholism, and mental illness. Don't even want to go there. But anyway, about 3 weeks before Xmas, mom sent me an email at work stating she felt she would die soon and was going to leave her death wishes in her metal box for her 5th husband to read to my and my siblings. When I got the email, I initally felt sad because I've never been able to enjoy a normal holiday, ever due to her and my father's dysfunction. This time I wrote back to her and said I preferred to dwell on the nativity, bright cheery lights and yuletide logs on the fire. She never wrote back and I never heard a peep from her or my father through the entire Christmas holidays.

I can scarcely believe a parent can be that detached from their children. Just so very strange.

Well, I'm entering 2011 with renewed hopes of being able to just forget that I have parents who just don't know how to be such.

Happy 2011 everyone!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just know that you are not alone, LjessL.

I hope that you find some tender parenting from someone, even from yourself. let me know if you figure how to do that-lol

Wishing you a very Happy New Year! wishing all of us a better year.
hug,
chicory
Old 12-31-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Chicory. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one with horrid parents but I guess not or we wouldn't have these forums.