Notices

Still Paying for it...

Old 12-27-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Paying for it...

I used meth consistantly for about two years. I began to have paranoia and psychosis. In order to lessen the anxiety, I began to drink. Upon coming off the alcohol, I had another episode.

I am seeing a psychotherapist/psychiatrist who is helping with cbt but it is a painstakingly slow process.

My question is...
Has anyone had a similar experience and how long did it take for the anxiety, bad thoughts to go away?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((jlw))) - welcome to SR! My DOC was crack, and though I never had the psychosis, I did have the anxiety when I quit. My body was used to being in "high, full speed ahead" mode and suddenly, I was just dealing with life stuff (like consequences) and it took a while for my brain to readjust.

Don't remember the time frame, but I know it took a while. I'm glad you are going through the CBT and have professional help. I threw myself into work, trying to pay bills, and recovery (with SR's help) and it HAS gotten way better. Had to tell myself that getting numb was simply not an option and if other's had gotten through it, I could too. You went from an "upper" (meth) to a "downer" (alcohol) and it's going to take a bit of time to get back on track....but you can do it

Hugs and prayers,

Amy